Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

How bad is your internet

This happens 2-3 times per week with Time Warner. It slows down to a crawl and then if you cycle power on the modem then it goes back to a normal speed. I pay an extra $10 / month for extra speed. HAHA.

tw.png

Well I can't match the 85 Mb... However; our U-verse is stable, and our 45 Mb package peaks at 47.71 Mb DL and 5.78 Mb UL.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4100421462.png

[EDIT:]

I find it odd that the link I provided to share the SpeedTest.net image reflects a higher speed than what I tested... Quoting Spock, "Fascinating."

Edited by TimeLord04

Well I can't match the 85 Mb... However; our U-verse is stable, and our 45 Mb package peaks at 47.71 Mb DL and 5.78 Mb UL. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4100421462.png [EDIT:] I find it odd that the link I provided to share the SpeedTest.net image reflects a higher speed than what I tested... Quoting Spock, "Fascinating."

I see 47.72Mbps down and 5.79 Mbps up...

:geezer:

We used to get AT&T DSL here, but it was $50/month and they promised 15Mb down and 1.5Mb up but we were lucky to ever see 1.5Mb down and maybe 12Kb up. Switched to Comcast and get 30Mb down and 15Mb up now for only $30/month. Any time we have an outage that lasts longer than they promise on fix time gets us a 1 month free of the turbo boost thing that puts it up to 50Mb down and 25Mb up.

Got to say those FiOS numbers sure look really nice though :yup:

I am paying $50 / month and supposedly getting 30 mB/s. The problem is that they tell you a speed and they don't tell you how often you get that speed. On top of that, they don't tell you the minimum value which in my case is only a fraction of what they tell you you get.

timewarner.png

I am buying the Turbo version. Notice that it says "up to" for the internet speed. So if I read that right, they only need to give me that speed every once in a while.

packages.png

That would be totally unsatisfactory for me Rob...I'm paying for 10Mb/s down and I expect to get it at ALL times. I check it periodically and if it's not up to snuff, I call and complain, and I don't accept any B.S. answers from them over the phone...

Incidentally 10Mb/s costs me $50/mo.

:geezer:

It is unsatisfactory, Time Warner has a monopoly in my neighborhood and the only hope was Comcast entering our area but that will never happen if Time Warner and Comcast merge.

Very bad, the graph shows many up and downs. Maybe the integrity of the cable going to your house has been compromised.

comcast1.jpeg

I hate to break it to ya Rob, but comcrap won't be any better. The problem with cable is, everyone in your neighborhood is sharing a trunk/node and speeds degrade with more ppl on concurrently.

Edited by Tx Redneck