Sign in to follow this  
lkstan

computer runs slow, slow in loading webpage, and it keeps beeping

about 3 weeks ago, my computer, Toshiba laptop, windows 7 pro, started running very slow, slow in loading webpages, and other slow features. I ran pcmatic, but had a lot of trouble getting it to load, and complete, starting getting an error message that a script is running and is using all resources. task manage showed the cpu and memory use very high, even when very few or no application were actually running. stopping the script did nothing, I think it just restarted. finally got pc matic to run and completed, but it did nothing to find the problem. I have had many emails back and forth with pcmatic tech, but problem has not been found. sent them a log file, but have had no response, just sent them a new one. !!! I think the problem is with the wireless downloading, web pages and also with software other than webpage. web pages often time out. and when the problem is the worst there is a constant beeping, like when your email has been received. beeps every 2-5 seconds.

pcmatic finds nothing, but often locks up and have to end with task manager. starting to get very disqusted and wonder if pcmatic is really doing anything. any suggestions, including a better malware program.

Hi

You may or may have not run these tools, I don't know but let's start here.

BY4dvz9.pngAdwCleaner

• Please download AdwCleaner and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click AdwCleaner.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Follow the prompts.
  • Click Scan.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open. Briefly check the log for anything you know to be legitimate.
  • Ensure anything you know to be legitimate does not have a checkmark, and click Clean.
  • Follow the prompts and allow your computer to reboot.
  • After rebooting, a log (AdwCleaner[s0].txt) will open. Copy the contents of the log and paste in your next reply.
-- File and registry key backups are made for anything removed using this tool. Should a legitimate entry be removed (otherwise known as a 'false-positive'), simple steps can be taken to restore the entry. Please do not overly concern yourself with the contents of AdwCleaner[R0].txt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thisisujrt.gif

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Download 51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.

• Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"
    please post

C:\AdwCleaner.txt

JRT.txt

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit