Sign in to follow this  
LordFess

Cannot Uninstall Super Sheild Please help...

I recently installed McAfee All Access on my computer.... Their support help desk said their software would uninstall Supershield it automatic. After the McAfee install was complete I saw that SuperSheild was still there. When i try to uninstall SuperShield this error mssg pops up on my screen : Error : Messages file "C\:ProgramFiles(x86)\PCPitstop\Supershield\unins000.msg" is missing . Please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.

I have tryed to use a file shredder but it will not let me shred them. I have uninstalled PCpitstop and reinstalled it .but it still will not let me uninstall Supershield.

Will someone help me fix this?

Edited by LordFess

That message is an indication that security software installed on the computer has misidentified the uninstaller file and has removed it as malware.

I would recommend downloading and installing the free Revo uninstaller from the link below and using that to uninstall any items that have had the uninstallers corrupted:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

If the error message comes up during the Revo uninstall, just click the X to close the message, then click on Next in Revo to continue with the uninstall.

Hello I might not be expressing this in the right place...but I just installed PC Matic on my PC and it's taken like 2 days. I still don't know if I'm supposed to do

anything else...or what? It seems to be running much faster though and I am very happy about that. Not sure if my Super Shield is up because even though I have uninstalled McAfee, I'm not sure that they are not still there...lurching along with all of the bugs you killed for me!!!

So I guess I need some advice on the actual operating process, and if it actually has wiped off all of the virus's it shouldn't have had on it...you know since I had McAfee.....

But I used to watch Randy White when he played for the Cowboys and he's just great!!! Go Cowboys!!

I live in Texas....

Somebody please tell me that this is a wonderful program that will save my computer.

thanks Esty

I need some advice on the actual operating process, and if it actually has wiped off all of the virus's it shouldn't have had on it...you know since I had McAfee.....

But I used to watch Randy White when he played for the Cowboys and he's just great!!! Go Cowboys!!