Sign in to follow this  
m2m

Can't connect to the internet

I have tried rebooting, safe mode & networking, scanning for virus and nothing works. Was working fine we'd and Thursday unable to connect. Please help.

:wp:

Unplug your router, if you have one, then unplug your modem.

Plug the modem back in and wait for it's lights to finish setting and glowing steady.

Plug in the router

Give it a couple of minutes and turn on your computer, or if it was on, reboot it, then see if you can now get online.

:) Y

I am on a laptop my connection is wireless. All other devices are connect and working properly. Just my pc. Problem exist at home and at office. Not sure if McAfee wiped out something but I just uninsured program. Still no connection.

Glad you mentioned McAfee, that's probably the issue. ;)

Download the McAfee removal tool to a working computer and then transfer it with a flash drive, or burn it to a CD and then copy it onto the nonworking computer.

Run it and reboot.

The tool can be downloaded here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Some info: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Did you run the McAfee removal tool?

Do that first. If still an issue, then proceed as follows.

Uninstall your wireless adapter from device manager, then reboot, Windows will find new hardware and reinstall the drivers.

If Windows does not reinstall the drivers, then install them manually.

What is the model number of your Toshiba Satellite Notebook?

http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

Ok, I have uninstalled the McAfee software with the removal tool and rebooted. I have downloaded the wireless Driver softare from Toshiba and uninstalled the wireless Network adapter and rebooted. The problem now seems to be in the WAN Miniport drivers. I cant uninstall them, only disable and the new WAN miniport drivers are not able to install. So, I'm stuck at this point. My computer is now recognizing the available networks and tries to connect but it is always unsuccessfull.

Let's see if we can get Windows to resolve the rest of the issues with the protocols.

In Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Troubleshoot Problems

Run the utilities for:

Internet Connections

Network Adapter

Incoming Connections

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-repair-a-network-connection-in-windows-7.html

Step 1: Uninstall WAN Miniport Devices

1. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc) and on the view menu select Show hidden devices

2. Under Network adapters, you will see WAN miniport devices (IP, L2TP, Pppoe, PPTP). If you don’t see these, skip to the Step 2 section

3. Open Registry editor (regedit.exe)

4. Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and Export this registry subkey

5. Click each of the registry subkeys under this key. Look up the data value in DriverDesc. Find the subkey that corresponds to the miniport device for example, WAN Miniport (IP).

6. Right click the subkey (for example 005), and then click delete. Click Yes to confirm deletion

7. Go into Device Manager and right click the miniport device that corresponds to the subkey that was deleted. Select uninstall and confirm uninstallation

8. Repeat this process for all miniport devices that you need to uninstall

Step 2: Reinstall WAN Miniport Devices

9. Find netrasa.inf in c:\windows\inf

10. Make a copy of this file (netrasa.bak)

11. Open netrasa.inf and comment out the following section:

Before

[ControlFlags]

ExcludeFromSelect =\

SW\{eeab7790-c514-11d1-b42b-00805fc1270e},\

MS_IrdaMiniport,\

MS_IrModemMiniport, \

MS_L2tpMiniport,MS_PptpMiniport,\

MS_PppoeMiniport, \

MS_NdisWanBh,\

MS_NdisWanIp,\

MS_NdisWanIpv6,\

MS_NdisWanNbfIn,MS_NdisWanNbfOut

After

[ControlFlags]

;ExcludeFromSelect =\

; SW\{eeab7790-c514-11d1-b42b-00805fc1270e},\

; MS_IrdaMiniport,\

; MS_IrModemMiniport, \

; MS_L2tpMiniport,MS_PptpMiniport,\

; MS_PppoeMiniport, \

; MS_NdisWanBh,\

; MS_NdisWanIp,\

; MS_NdisWanIpv6,\

; MS_NdisWanNbfIn,MS_NdisWanNbfOut

12. Start the Add Hardware Wizard from control panel

13. Select Yes, I have already connected the hardware, then Next

14. Select Add a new hardware device, then Next

15. Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), then Next

16. Select Network Adapters, then Next

17. Select Microsoft in the Manufacturer section and then on the Network Adapter, select the desired WAN Miniport device, then Next and Finish the wizard

18. Repeat 13 – 18 for each device you are re-installing

19. After the devices are re-installed, reboot the system

20. Run netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and reboot the system again (Resetting the TCP/IP stack)

21. Check the network connections in device manager and in Network Connection (ncpa.cpl)

22. Delete c:\windows\inf\netrasa.inf and rename netrasa.bak to netrasa.inf

I was able to uninstall the drivers sucessfully with the above. I need some further insuction on the reinstall, not sure if you can help, but I think I am almost home free.

Issue resolved. There were corrupt files on my hard drive. Luckily, Toshiba had the factory reset option that recovered my hard drive and resolved the problem.

Edited by m2m

There can be many reasons for this problem. One of this is, maybe your antivirus software does not support Internet Explorer. Also make sure that your PC has all drivers installed properly.
Another Easiest way for Internet Connection(Check TCP/IP Settings)

Let suppose if you have antivirus software and this method did not work, you need to do turn off the malware programs. For more check Here:

https://techrapidly.com/installed-new-windows-7-unable-connect-internet/