Sign in to follow this  
Squire3

Outlook Express shows scripting errors for email via Aweber

I'm running Windows XP Pro and using Outlook Express as my mail handler. My Outlook Express is tied in with IE 8 which I hardly ever use for a browser.

Recently I have started getting script errors -- but for ONLY SOME of my mail. These error messages stay locked on my email inbox screen until I click a "No" button repeatedly. Sometimes, it takes 25+ clicks of "No" to disarm the error message window so that I can go & read or delete the email message

The mail originates from vendors whom I do biz with and who use Aweber to mail to their list. I was told recently that Aweber changed it's codes so that IE8 is no longer supported (ditto XP, I'd guess). And, of course, I cannot upgrade to IE 9, or 10 since I run XP.

The error messages read"

IE Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 4

char: 208

Error: 'head' is null or not an object

Code: 0

URL: mhtml:mid//00000019/

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Yes No

After clicking "No", a 2nd error message pops up with different parameters:

Line: 0

char: 0

Error: Script error

Code: 0

Any ideas for a work-around?

Edited by nigsy
Edited out Suspicious Link to Java Script Download

I think the answer is in your own post.....

You need to upgrade from XP. It is a dead , unsupported OS that is a potential target for malware / Trojans etc. If you are using it for business you are putting your contacts at risk of infection by still using XP to receive / send emails.

If you insist on keeping XP, you might try a different email client like Thunderbird or windows live mail - But I don't know if they run with XP?