Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caintry_boy

What's Your Next Meal On The Grill?

I'm looking at a beautiful Boston Butt roast dusted with my Magic Dust rub and cooked over some hot charcoals laced with apple wood. Probably this coming Saturday...

Post 'em up!!

:geezer:

Large prawns/shrimp with Linguine pasta, sometime next week at the coast.

You're not invited Roger ... this meal is a no-no for you. Sorry hon.

Large prawns/shrimp with Linguine pasta, sometime next week at the coast.

You're not invited Roger ... this meal is a no-no for you. Sorry hon.

Oh, I could eat a couple of prawns...or six. :lol: I/we take 43/50 count shrimp, melt some butter in a 9x13 pan, add some lemon slices then the shrimp, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bake for about 15 min...YUM!

Baby backs on the pellet grill with pecan, potato bombs and home made baked beans.

Sounds like "da bomb"! Them "good ole boys" got some great sounding recipe's too!! :drool:

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter,1/4 cup finely chopped garlic.
A pinch of salt and some ground white pepper.
Slowly melt the butter and start dipping the clams and lobster meat. :drool:

I'm looking at a beautiful Boston Butt roast dusted with my Magic Dust rub and cooked over some hot charcoals laced with apple wood. Probably this coming Saturday...

Post 'em up!!

Been on the grill for about 2 hrs now...smellin' so GOOD!

Sooooooooooooo how was that phenomenal sounding roast?? :drool:

I was wishing I was there with you as I ate my ziti and meatballs for dinner tonight.

Don't get me wrong, my little Sicilian knows her way around a kitchen, but your meal just sounds sooooo delicious!

:) Y

Well, I had it on for 6 hrs. and it was a little pink inside, so tossed it in the oven and finished it! The roast was "melt in your mouth", and accompanied by this "Grilled Potato Salad" > http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/grilled-potato-salad#.VCd_MUTmThY and some previously frozen corn and homemade sourdough bread with a touch of homemade butter. This was probably the first time ever that I BBQ'd and never put sauce on anything...!

I've been buying raw milk from a little dairy farm close by and it's yummy, BUT!, I've been saving the cream and made some butter recently. I daresay that it's likely better for me because it's not got all that crap in it that the FDA says we need in order for things to be "safe" for us to eat. :lol:

That does sound delicious and yes to the home made butter. If the choice is butter or margarine, go with butter, and your stuff is about as pure as you can get.

edit: I've got some Ahi (Yellow Fin Tuna) that I'm putting on the grill tonight.

I haven't decided just which way I'm going to season it yet though.

Me, I like it raw (sashimi), but that ain't for everyone. :lol:

Can't help ya' with the Ahi, but this is what I use on my salmon...never tried it on tuna.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dill weed
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional
4 salmon steaks (1-inch thick and 6 ounces each)

MUSTARD DILL SAUCE:
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons dill weed
1 tablespoon sugar
4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper, optional

Directions
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first
five ingredients. Add salmon; seal bag and turn to
coat.
Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and
refrigerate until chilled.

Discard marinade. Grill salmon, covered, over
medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until
fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with mustard dill sauce.

Thanks caintry, dill is a bit too light for Ahi, IMHO.

I love it with salmon or snapper though. Toss in some capers too!

I'm leaning more towards a little salt/pepper and a brush of olive oil to crisp it up on the grill.

I'll plate it with a creamy wasabe sauce with cracked black pepper.

I'll get my better half to steam some snap peas and make my favorite "sticky" white rice.

Simple, but lots of flavor.

man, don't eat raw fish..................yucker poo

have fried cat fish, hush puppies and cole slaw.

man, don't eat raw fish..................yucker poo

:rofl3:

I do like good ol' southern fried catfish, kiddo! :sparkle:

Haven't had it in over a year though.

It's good here on the Island of Long, but somehow just tastes better when sitting and eating with friends and family down South.

I like to do salmon in foil packets and keep it simple. Just salt and pepper on the fillet, put it on foil and top with lime juice and a pat of butter. Seal packet up and throw on a hot grill for about 20 minutes. If you want a little more flavor, add some garlic powder and/or ginger, or dill and/or terragon, or even mustard.

We don't have big catfish like you all down south, but we keep catfish in our irrigation ponds. (they help seal the bottoms). They only get to be about 8" long and often aren't worth the effort to eat. However, I like to skin them and then soak in buttermilk over night. Then grill or fry them thoroughly. Similarly to trout (which I prefer), if you cook them right, you will crisp up the bones and have to pick out very few of them.

I'm with Sparkles as not being a fan of raw fish - though I have eaten it when in the back country and was hungry and didn't have a fire. I have never eaten sushi as it appears to be an expensive habit that I can't afford - but, my son is a chef in a Japanese restaurant and would probably choose Ahi Tuna over a good Tbone steak. He also would probably go with sashimi but he also prepares at least a half dozen different sushi rolls utilizing Tuna. It also seems that he does a recipe with Ahi where he cuts a cube of tuna and then lightly fries the outside by putting it in a pan with butter and then spooning the hot butter over the outside of the cube repeatedly - this only cooks the outer 1/4" of the cube.

Thanks caintry, dill is a bit too light for Ahi, IMHO.

I love it with salmon or snapper though. Toss in some capers too!

I'm leaning more towards a little salt/pepper and a brush of olive oil to crisp it up on the grill.

I'll plate it with a creamy wasabe sauce with cracked black pepper.

I'll get my better half to steam some snap peas and make my favorite "sticky" white rice.

Simple, but lots of flavor.

I'll take it that Ahi tuna has a stronger flavor than salmon then, I've never tried it...

Your wasabe sauce sounds nice tho', I'ma have to do a search for a recipe for that one.

We don't have big catfish like you all down south, but we keep catfish in our irrigation ponds. (they help seal the bottoms). They only get to be about 8" long and often aren't worth the effort to eat.

We call those mud cat's (river bottom fish), they say you can taste the river in those.

We have catfish ponds, I think thats what they call them. Their raised just for restaurants.

I saw a guy clean one once for the frying pan.....(barf)

Never eaten Japanese food, figured it was to spicy.