Sign in to follow this  
badbinary

unable to complete test

i've disabled avast, tried ie in both admin and regular mode. the test doesn't load on the main page. i click the troubleshooting page and then i can start the test, activex loads but it doesn't proceed past "Saving Add/Remove List". the activex test passes okay.

i have no idea what the issue is here. i don't have any known issues with anything else.

edit: almost forgot, i also added *.pcpitstop.com to the trusted sites list, no dice.

win 8.1

ie 11.0.9600.17278

Edited by badbinary

I apologize for the delay in answering. Are you still seeing this same issue?

What is happening at that point in the test is that OverDrive is trying to upload data to our server. Typically when the test hangs up there, something is interfering with the upload. You may want to verify that the security/firewall is configured to allow outgoing traffic from PC Pitstop as well as to receive incoming.

ahh, okay. when i get home i'll check that out. firewall shouldn't be blocking anything, but i'll see. i'll disable the firewall and try again.

does it not use port 80 as iexplorer? is there a different executable that i should create an outbound rule for if that's the case??

blah, i got it finally. it was avast afterall. they have some dumb ie thing that blocks websites unless you specify they're okay. since i don't use ie i didn't know about it.

sorry to bother you, was all on my end! i do have some issues with the test that need a new thread, however.