Sign in to follow this  
Wendy Jackson

PC crashes when running ArcheAge

46C at 53% load, seems fine to me and would point to the problem not being temp related but to bugs in the game itself as pointed out by someone else earlier in this topic, but would like to see hwmointors temp readings just to double check and rule out temp problem.

:b33r:

it's been suggested to me :sparkle: to try this :-

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

and if there is a stop code generated there it may help us narrow down where the problem may be.

failing that tho, considering the problem is only with this one game and it's still in a testing stage, i'd recommend joining archage forum and asking there.

maybe it's a bug in their software that only applies to wendy's hardware configuration causing her crash, so they can find and fix it so others don't experience the same problem and she can then play the game crash free too. win win for both sides.

ok played the game last night with a small fan (with side off pc) and it let me play.....4 hours....?

ok have downloaded blue screen...? I double click and nothing starts? and is empty.....Ill play AA and see if it crashes lol hope BS will see...

W

ok played AA for 10 mins max and had blue screen running...and down she went ;(

Bluescreen is empty.....!! i click and it asks to make changes I say yes.. then nothing...is that right or does it just wait till crash and then do something..

either way when i opened to see after pc shut down ..nothing there in blue screen :(

ok played the game last night with a small fan (with side off pc) and it let me play.....4 hours....?

ok have downloaded blue screen...? I double click and nothing starts? and is empty.....Ill play AA and see if it crashes lol hope BS will see...

W

It hasnt scanned ?

W

ok that definitely sounds like a temp problem then but those temps in speedfan look perfect to me so no idea what is causing the shutdowns.

gpu 35c and cpu 46c are good temps in my opinion and nowhere near bad enough to cause a shutdown.

no idea with the bluescreen viewer never used it myself and don't run a windows pc.

think caintry usually recommends a program called something like who's crashed, that shows bluescreen error codes i believe.

turning on aa and it causing a crash does sound like a graphics card problem to me tho, hardware or driver i don't know, i'd suspect a hardware fault.

only thing i can recommend is play the game without aa or at lower aa settings, or contact maker of graphics card and see what they say with luck it's still in warranty and they'll fix or swap it free of charge.

just realised i might have misunderstood you when you mentioned aa, is that for anti-alaising options in the game or was it short for archeage. :rofl3:

Edited by terry1966

Not sure if this will work on your machine as in collecting Blue screen data, I know it does on older ones.

in theory when you blue screen out again, you'll have to restart as if turning it on for the first time.

disable automatic restart to read and report the STOP message:

Disable automatic restart, to do that:

• During the rebooting process, repeatedly press the F8 key to enter Windows Advance Options Menu.
  • Use the up and down arrow keys to select Disable automatic restart on system failure and then press the Enter key.
  • Use up and down arrow keys to select the operating system to start (if more than one OS is installed).
  • Press the Enter key.
  • Windows should start. This time when you get a BSOD it will not restart. What we need is the information of the type of error, the error code and more important the description of error.

AMD Athlon II X2 270, 3400 MHz (2 CPUs)

8192 MB system RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

1600x900 resolution, 32 bits/pixel

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64

Noticed this info mentioned in post #7 on first page here. I would think that GPU should handle the game fairly well, even with anti-aliasing. Kinda doubt that 8GB of RAM would be insufficient.

Maybe a bottleneck due to the CPU being only an Athlon II X2? Or maybe CPU doesn't support the proper instruction sets for ArcheAge?

Any chance that setting a slightly lower resolution would help it run better?

ok....i dont get a blue screen.. it shuts then goes (as if going to safe mode) to start with / without safemode etc....

just now it turned off..but pc light was on... and still had to go to safemode screen... selected start normal... any help ?

well to be honest there is not a lot more we can suggest without seeing any error messages.

try uninstalling your video driver and video card, reboot, windows will rediscovery and install it again then go to nvidia site and install the latest driver for your card and see if things improve.

what makes this so puzzling to me is that it runs fine when the side is off and a fan blowing into it, so that definitely points to a temp problem, yet the temps you've given look fine to me, so maybe the only fix is going to be to add a new fan inside the case blowing onto the motherboard itself, maybe there's something on the motherboard that is overheating, not the cpu or gpu.