Sign in to follow this  
SebastianWhite

We could do with "Pre-Set" Fonts, and other functions on the S

Hi,

Tis rather a pain, when every time, I place a post... I then first have to reset my font!

Also, a preset function here, would also serve the additional advantage, that you can discern your own responses from those of other people in messages, and forums, particularly the latter, which can get confusing.

Nevertheless different style fonts have the effect of allowing the pages to appear more interesting and illustrate a person's character. Too often, when you have to "re-set" these every time, it is too easy to just not bother.

Then people are left with staring at a screen, which is almost a homogenous letters, which could have been taken from some 'high brow' text book, but bore the beejezus out of peeps.

Oooh, oooh, nearly forgot, also as well please... the response buttons are confusing! What is wrong with a simple "reply" button and another which allows people to "reply with prior quotes" or similar?

Me thinks... the site needs to be a little more people friend please, in 'every' sense of the term???

Thanks Sean Sebastian White

Edited by SebastianWhite

The forums do use a "pre-set" font, which is found universally in different operating systems and therefore removes the risk of anyone having issues with being able to read a post or response, regardless of their chosen operating system.

It is not dramatic or flashy, but the tools, as you have discovered, to enhance your dialog are there and available for you to utilize.

It is up to you to make your desired enhancements to differentiate the default and universally recognized format that is in place.

Most times, using italics, bold, underlining, coloring, sizing or changing a font is used for emphasis, since the written word on a forum has it's difficulties with relaying emotion. Most notably: sarcasm.

Smilies are very often used in conjunction to aid in the translations as well. :yup:

As for finding where you have posted in a forum, look for a star symbol next to a topic. If a star is present, then you have posted in that thread.

I took a snap shot of the Networking forum, where I had posted to help others.

3 stars, I posted in 3 topics there.

stars.JPG

If you've got a minute, take a look at some of the Topics that we have outlined on our "Forum Help" page here: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

If you ever need to reference it, a link to the Help page is on the lower left of every forum and page.

Hope this helps

:) Y

Hello, Scotsman. See, I duplicated your choice of font rather easily.

But maybe I'd like to post larger and green for the Eagles!

Or maybe tiny like baby tangerines.

And we already have the MultiQuote button.

The forums do use a "pre-set" font, which is found universally in different operating systems and therefore removes the risk of anyone having issues with being able to read a post or response, regardless of their chosen operating system.

It is not dramatic or flashy, but the tools, as you have discovered, to enhance your dialog are there and available for you to utilize.

It is up to you to make your desired enhancements to differentiate the default and universally recognized format that is in place.

Most times, using italics, bold, underlining, coloring, sizing or changing a font is used for emphasis, since the written word on a forum has it's difficulties with relaying emotion. Most notably: sarcasm.

Smilies are very often used in conjunction to aid in the translations as well. :yup:

As for finding where you have posted in a forum, look for a star symbol next to a topic. If a star is present, then you have posted in that thread.

I took a snap shot of the Networking forum, where I had posted to help others.

3 stars, I posted in 3 topics there.

attachicon.gifstars.JPG

If you've got a minute, take a look at some of the Topics that we have outlined on our "Forum Help" page here: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

If you ever need to reference it, a link to the Help page is on the lower left of every forum and page.

Hope this helps

:) Y

Thanks will do Hawaii Dave! :yup: