MrHappyGoLucky12

Current Fees Freelancers Charge

For a Basic Web Site Creation that consists of:

• Register your domain
  • Create Web site with up to 5 pages per site
  • Web, POP, IMAP, and SMTP e-mail
  • 100 e-mail addresses for each domain
  • E-mail can be set up in client software or Web access
I can get $540.00 or ($45.00/month) if they make payments over 12 months or $468.00 if they pay it all up front which is a savings of $72.00/year.

I'm just now creating my price list.

My problem is someone asked me to do a store for them, which I've never done, and it is a lot more time consuming than a Web site. And I didn't like charging an hourly fee. I gotta create 500 product pages plus set up the cart and bank stuff.

Based on my price I charge for a Web site and the current "going price" or "market price" you freelancers charge, how much should I charge for an e-commerce solution/store? Should they get a discount if it is purchased as an add-on to the Web site package (i.e.: a Web site with a store)? What's a fair price?

Edited by MrHappyGoLucky12

one of the most important things anyone who runs a business does is shop their competitors to see what they offer. you need to spend some time doing research.

YFNCG   

I can't say there's really a market price for this type of thing because it depends highly on the needs of the client. A well put together ecommerce website will run at least $5k+, and that's being very generous. They are complex, and therefore cost a lot to implement. What platform(s) are you planning to build it on (WordPress, Shopify, Magento, etc)? That will make a difference in pricing as well.

I know people looking for a freelancers from the other countries, cos there are cheaper then local one. The professional web developers charge $60 for one hour. There are lots of websites who offer you "make yourself website " for few $. I know there are not perfect but cheap. Most of them offers you free hosting for 2 years or free maintance ( if the website is small). Store is really expensive cos you have to make a pyament( which is important and hard to do this ) 500 images or even more so I will say 5k minimum for shop?

Edited by MarkPCTOP

Ale1147   
Need to say, there's no sense to pay such a big money for developers if you need a simple website for a small business or online store.

It is better to pay around $10-20 per month and you get a ready-to-use solution, that could help you to create almost every project you want.

Most of such website builders are user friendly and customizable.

Here is a list of the best website builders

I personally prefer Wix Creator. I think it is really good at are design graphics and customization options.

Edited by Ale1147

Need to say, there's no sense to pay such a big money for developers if you need a simple website for a small business or online store.
It is better to pay around $10-20 per month and you get a ready-to-use solution, that could help you to create almost every project you want.
Most of such website builders are user friendly and customizable.
Here is a list of the best website builders
I personally prefer Wix Creator. I think it is really good at are design graphics and customization options.

Looking at it from task complexity point of view, and especially from a client's requirement, it would be downright unsound to quote such rates if you ask me.