Sign in to follow this  
Robert Understein

Manually adding a program/service to whitelist.

I would like to see the ability to manually add a program to the whitelist through the system tray.

Right clicking the PCMatic icon in the system tray.

Clicking White and Black lists.

Selecting White list

Currently only option is remove..

Would love to see a "add" function added. This would speed up being able to add programs.

To add a program to SuperShield's local whitelist you can click on the green shield icon in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop screen by the time display, select Protection Level, then set the Blocking Notification Method to Prompt for Override (Advanced).

Open the program in question again, and when the SuperShield blocking screen appears, add the programs to your white list by clicking on the red Always Allow button, provided that you know for sure that these are legitimate programs, or add them to the "Always Block" list by clicking on the green Always Block button to avoid seeing the warning screen for that specific executable.

For PC Matic's scan, you can white list individual items from the end of a new scan by clicking on the red rectangle under the headings for Other-Drivers Test or Services Test; Performance - Startup Applications Test; or Security - High Level Threats.

yea.. I am aware of the two current methods. That's why I posted.. currently I am having a issue with PnkBstrB.exe. Every time it starts, SuperShield asks to allow it. I select Always Allow every time, SuperShield seems not to be saving my choice.

c:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrB.exe

Thank you for the additional information.

Try reinstalling SuperShield by first going to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic and clicking on 'uninstall SuperShield', then once that completes, reboot the computer then open PC Matic again and click on the "Not Protected" icon to reinstall SuperShield.

Wait five or more minutes for SuperShield to download a new set of definitions. The icon should change to "Protected" with a message that SuperShield is running once the download completes.

Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue.

I have enabled: 

Blocking Notification Method to Prompt for Override (Advanced)

But it won't prompt. I have run the "offending" application, but it doesn't prompt. BlueJeans.Detector.exe

Hi stevegon,

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information and see what is going on.

You can open a ticket from here:

PC Matic Help Desk

Let them know on which computer this is occurring, if you have more than one.

Thank you

:) Y