Sign in to follow this  
Guns

caintry boy

13 hours ago, Tomk_ said:

That's a good thing... so how's it going?

Not to bad Tomk_, still have some swelling in my right leg but it is much better. ;)

I guess that the swelling came from bleeding that occurred before I had the pseudo aneurysm injected so it would clot last Monday. Dr said it will dissipate over a few days and I should keep my leg elevated, so here I am, feet up watching the MMA fights. 😉

:geezer:

Glad you're home and feeling better.

Hope that the swelling in that leg does go down for you.

No more pain there?

:) Y

3 hours ago, Y kawika said:

No more pain there?

Not so much. A little right on the inside of the groin muscle. Feeling pretty good overall.

The only PITB is an immobilizer belt from having my implant replaced, it keeps me from raising my left arm above my head or reaching back with the arm. I have to wear it for a total of 30 days. Fortunately I don't have to wear it during the day now, only at night while sleeping, BUT, it sure makes it difficult to turn over. :(

I'm getting by though. ;)

Sorry to hear that Bud.

For what it's worth, if it has to go... sooner is much better than later.  The longer you wait, the more likely friends go with it.

Goodness sakes caintry!

Are you hurting in that leg, foot, toe?

Man, I sure hope that this is the last of the parts that they need to harvest from you.

Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery.

7 hours ago, Y kawika said:

Goodness sakes caintry!

Are you hurting in that leg, foot, toe?

Man, I sure hope that this is the last of the parts that they need to harvest from you.

Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery.

I have been having some occasional throbbing in the toe. I'm trusting that this is the last part that gets removed too. ;)

Well surgery went well. I have a wound vac to help keep the wound clean and dry. Having considerable pain at this time but that's going to change, I may be a rootin tootin son.-of-a-gun but I don't deal well with pain. This has to stop.

I was supposed to be an outpatient procedure but things got messed up.

Trying to hang in.

caintry don't you think you're taking things to the extreme just to go see those nurses?

best wishes and take care of yourself.

3 hours ago, terry1966 said:

caintry don't you think you're taking things to the extreme just to go see those nurses?

best wishes and take care of yourself.

Well this go round I was in a different hospital and I DID have some pretty nurses BUT it wasn't my choosing Terry. I'd much rather have my toe. ;)

On 7/22/2018 at 6:55 AM, Juliet said:

We're going to get some kind of scooter for you to ride around on.

My deceased grandmother called 'em electric chairs. 😂🤣

2 hours ago, Humbluemoon said:

Dang...hope you feel better soon Sir.

Thanks humbluemoon! "Sur"? That's like putting an elevator in an outhouse... :lol:

Wow, what a fiasco! I got home around 6pm yesterday with a wound vac on my foot again and by 8pm it was blocked. Karen and I have changed one or two in the past so we tried again only to have an epic FAIL. Bleeding profusely from the wound and wound up with an ambulance ride to the new SMH South @ 159th and 69 Hwy. They put on a new vac head and cannister and bandaged the foot, sending us home only to find out that when we got home the wound vac was full and blocked again AND I had bled through the bandage! Here we go to Ft Scott ER and they were able to stop the bleeding and bandage my foot again. This was an all nighter and no sleep for either Karen or I! My thanks to ARNP Lynieta (sp?) Leisure at Mercy on the great care she gave AND for breakfast! 😏

Good grief caintry,  just when you need a few blood clots they decide to go on vacation!

I hope this last trip has done the trick and you can keep some of your blood on the inside.

Karen........... you be careful yourself!  We don't want to hear about the two of you being out of commission at the same time.

Let's get Roger back up to snuff, then he can get back to spoiling you like you deserve.

Holy crap man!  You're killing me!

We need you to start having some things go right for you or we'll all be communicating from various cardiac wards scattered across the country.

4 hours ago, Y kawika said:

Good grief caintry,  just when you need a few blood clots they decide to go on vacation!

I hope this last trip has done the trick and you can keep some of your blood on the inside.

Karen........... you be careful yourself!  We don't want to hear about the two of you being out of commission at the same time.

Let's get Roger back up to snuff, then he can get back to spoiling you like you deserve.

Doing much better now! Home Health was out yesterday and got me initiated and changed the dressing on my foot. They'll be back tomorrow and I believe that they'll put my wound vac back on so that I heal faster. ;)

6 minutes ago, Tomk_ said:

Holy crap man!  You're killing me!

We need you to start having some things go right for you or we'll all be communicating from various cardiac wards scattered across the country.

Trying desperately Tomk_! The last couple of days have been better and I think we're gonna have some more good days ahead.

Sure don't want y'all communicatibg from cardiac wards all over the world! :yikes: