Guns

caintry boy

On 11/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, caintry_boy said:

Well surgery was successful! The dead toe is gone and I'm home, although I have a considerable amount of pain. I have a wound vac attached that runs up my leg and straps around my waist. It's been a long day, I'll check back in later. ;)

:geezer:

Well, it's been awhile since I had this done and I've lugged this wound vac everywhere I've gone, even to bed. The good news is that the wound where the toe was is nearly healed. My Home Health nurse said today that there wasn't much of a hole to pack any foam in for the vac. YAAAAAYY!! I'll be so glad to get rid of this thing, it weighs about 3 lb. and carrying it slung over my neck is a PITB! Here's a couple of pics of the "Magic Boot" I've been wearing (I have 4) and the wound vac...

IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0808.jpg

So very stylish! :lol: 

Now, I know you've been through the ringer and all, but let me advise you to get that dang table cleaned up before Juliet or Jacee come wandering through here.

Those girls will tan your hide for making such a mess of that beautiful table.  :laughing:

Besides, it'll give you more room to put both feet up.

:) Y

4 hours ago, Y kawika said:

So very stylish! :lol: 

Now, I know you've been through the ringer and all, but let me advise you to get that dang table cleaned up before Juliet or Jacee come wandering through here.

Those girls will tan your hide for making such a mess of that beautiful table.  :laughing:

Besides, it'll give you more room to put both feet up.

:rofl3:

Clean up what?

It looks to me that he has some of the essentials within easy reach so he doesn't have to lug that "stuff" around.

I find it funny that the vac looks nearly exactly like my old cellular bag phone I've got sitting on the end of my desk.

25 minutes ago, Tomk_ said:

I find it funny that the vac looks nearly exactly like my old cellular bag phone I've got sitting on the end of my desk.

:yikes:

I had to look twice for a table.....

We will allow a little bit of clutter but, a small trash can at this time will suffice beside your chair.  Later mind you, when you can walk a wee bit better and can carry a HANDFUL to the can, the residue wont be accepted.
And, when your better, a good tidy up will make you feel better all over.  :)

Gees Tom, and your able to find anything?

Thought I'd just say that the wound vac came off last Thursday due to me healing so well. Dr. said there wasn't anything to pack foam in to get a suction for the vac.... :banana2:

Now to see what he says this next Thursday...! :mrgreen:

Well last Thursday we had an ice storm so I cancelled the appointment in favor of this week. Wasn't ready to play "bumper cars" again and in my new car no less.

12 hours ago, Juliet said:

we didn't get any ice just a couple of tornadoes.

I'll keep the ice, thank you! ;)

p.s. none close to you?

None really close to us but I do know the areas that were hit. This is spring season for us, you learn when to duck and hide.

6 hours ago, Juliet said:

None really close to us but I do know the areas that were hit. This is spring season for us, you learn when to duck and hide.

;)

Well, a little update on my foot...back in April I got ambitious and went out and tilled our garden, only to find out a couple of days later that I'd gotten dirt in the wound and the wound was ANGRY! Had some infection rearing its ugly head again and to top it off had worn blisters on my big toe on the same foot. Cut to chase...original wound is now healed BUT the big toe is still angry with me. Dr said today that he wants to see me in 2 weeks and I have strict care instructions to follow. 😔

Roger, I hate to say this, but every time I come here and see this thread at the top, my stomach drops. Take care our yourself bubba.

2 hours ago, Tx Redneck said:

Roger, I hate to say this, but every time I come here and see this thread at the top, my stomach drops. Take care our yourself bubba.

1 hour ago, Tomk_ said:

+1

Really trying boys! Honest Injun!

:IG:

Dang it caintry!

You're running out of big toes!!

:)  Y

I'm running out of everything "Y"...

I went Wednesday for an ultrasound/sonogram on the artery in my leg (which was created last November with the veins from my arm if you recall), it shows some "narrowing" which Dr. says is normal with harvested veins, however I'm scheduled to go in this Tuesday the 29th for an aortogram/arteriogram and try to get this ballooned out. Hopefully this will give better circulation to my toe AND the entire leg...

;););)

How's the leg feeling today caintry?

Did you get that artery pumped open to provide a better flow?

Hoping all went well for you. :tup:

16 hours ago, Y kawika said:

How's the leg feeling today caintry?

Did you get that artery pumped open to provide a better flow?

Hoping all went well for you. :tup:

Doing great! Dr. said I had a 99% blockage around the left knee and he was able to balloon it and get it opened up like it should be. I believe The Man Upstairs LOVES me! Now to get this stupid toe healed up, good blood flow should help. Lawzy, I've got a garden that needs weeded...! :mrgreen:

Man, if this is what agin looks like, I don't want any part of it. I'll sign on teh line to opt out...

1 hour ago, Tx Redneck said:

Man, if this is what agin looks like, I don't want any part of it. I'll sign on teh line to opt out...

😱