Sign in to follow this  
oxytocinftw

Should I use antivirus program to remove Plus HD?

guys, so this is what happened.. a couple of days ago, strange ads started to appear in my browser.I found lots of information in google (it turned out to be from a thing called Plus HD.) and folowed a removal guide (i used this one, if it's at any importance http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/plus-hd-removal-guide ) and i did all the steps. And I think it's gone now, but the article says to use an antivirus program. the one they suggest is unknown to me and i really don't think it's necessary.. What do you guys think? should i use one, or is my problem solved already? and also is http://www.malwarebytes.org a good choice?

No one should be on the internet without antivirus protection especially since there are several free choices.

Use an AntiVirus Software - Choose only one - More than one will conflict. It is very important that your computer has anti-virus software running to protect against viruses. Update Antivirus prior to manual scans as necessary or as used. Please only choose one, having more than one can cause problems, such as crashes and your computer to slow down.

and also is http://www.malwarebytes.org a good choice?

Depends on if you want the Pro version or the free malware scanner.

Pro is good but is not an antivirus but would add layered protection to your computer.

Chances are, there is more on your computer then you've seen, personally, I would run checks.

-AdwCleaner-by Xplode

Click on this link to download : ADWCleaner

Click on ONE of the Two Blue Download Now buttons That have a blue arrow beside them and save it to your desktop.

Do not click on any links in the top Advertisment.

adwcleaner_download.png

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan.
  • After the scan is complete click on "Clean"
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[s1].txt as well.

-Junkware-Removal-Tool-

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

Vista / 7 / 8 users:

You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.