Sign in to follow this  
Mitchy

MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll is missing

In all honesty, I'm not sure where I should be posting this, since it isn't really network/email/internet related, but in short, I get an error message from a program that suggests the file in this thread's title is missing.

To be more specific, it's a program known as Handbrake. Handbrake has been touted as one of the best free video converters, and I use it for converting HD videos into SD, which I do for personal viewing since my computer can't seem to handle HD. It also converts them to a file type that my video editor can actually use, so that's a second reason I use it.

But as of late, I receive a strange error whenever I start up Handbrake.

"The program can't start because MSVCR110_CLR0400.dll is missing from your computer."

It then suggests to reinstall the program to rid myself of the error. Doing so the first time actually worked, however when I did a system restore for unrelated computer troubles, this error returned and reinstalling has not helped.

A bit risky on my part, but I looked up the dll file and there is a site which people consistently link to for replacing said dll, which I followed. I found, by doing so, that the dll file was in fact where it should be, so the errors saying that it's missing don't make any sense. Even after replacing it, the error still persists, no matter how many times Handbrake is reinstalled.

Where do I go from here? To provide some basic information: I use a Windows 7 computer which was bought in 2010, none of its original components has been modded, and I'm not the kind of person to overclock my computer in any way since I'm not tech-savvy, so I know I didn't actively modify anything to bring on the error. It just sort of started happening.

that is such good news.

Would like to keep the topic open to see if others have this problem and if something closely related should appear.