Sign in to follow this  
nanibear

Vipre Firewall Error

Today I have received a notification that my firewall on Vipre has been turned off. When I go to check it, there is a big red X next to it (normally there's a green checkmark) and the status of my firewall says Error. I tried turning it on and off again. That did not help. I googled and someone suggested opening command prompt and typing something in, resetting the computer, and checking the results but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried forums related to Sunbelt, the makers of Vipre, but no one has even viewed my post.

I have a windows 8 64 bit. a day or two ago i updated to windows 8.1 (could this be what happened?)

Edited by nanibear

Today I have received a notification that my firewall on Vipre has been turned off. When I go to check it, there is a big red X next to it (normally there's a green checkmark) and the status of my firewall says Error. I tried turning it on and off again. That did not help. I googled and someone suggested opening command prompt and typing something in, resetting the computer, and checking the results but that didn't help. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried forums related to Sunbelt, the makers of Vipre, but no one has even viewed my post.

I have a windows 8 64 bit. a day or two ago i updated to windows 8.1 (could this be what happened?)

Hi nanibear,

I don't run Win8 but your update to 8.1 could have caused it. Did you check to see if Vipre is compatatible with 8.1? Also, is it a retail program & if so, did you contact Sunbelt? If it is not, in XP I have done the old uninstall/reinstall trick that sometimes works.

Just a suggestion... :)

Regards,

Hawk :b33r: