Sign in to follow this  
seasun21

Lots of error messages & unable to install or run security softwar

Can someone please help me? I am working on an win xp Sp3, home edition laptop that up until about a week ago was working like a charm. However, something seems to have gone bad , and Isuspect it's a virus I can't get rid of.CPU is running at 100%, I get error messages when I try to install software; especially any kind of diagnostic software...When I try to open some programs, I get error messages such as: "The application or DLL name.DLL is not a valid windows Image. Please check this against your installation diskette.""the server threw an exception, clas ID xxxxxx" "xxxxxx is not a valid win32 application""Access violation at address xxxxxxx in module xxxxxx"I've run Spybot and malawarebytes, and they've found and removed malware. My Norton anti virus only finds cookies, and I am unable to install or run any other virus scanners, even online scanners such as ESET return an error message.

Regards,

Sylvia

Try this:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)Vista/Win7 right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). XP just double click the icon to run the tool.When done, DDS.txt will open.After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.Save both reports to your desktop.Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

:geezer:

Thank you so much for replying so promtly. I followed your instructions and tried to run DDS even in safe mode, and the result is always the same: It stops processing at about 80%, hangs for a while then, my computer freezes and I have to shut down and reboot.

Hello seasun21

I am working on an win xp Sp3, home edition laptop

Is this your own machine or are you helping someone else to clean it?

I'll get back to you once I have reviewed your posts :)

Edited by JonTom
Typo

Hello seasun21

I am unable to install or run any other virus scanners

Please do not try to install anything else at this time.

I've run Spybot and malawarebytes, and they've found and removed malware

The logs produced by those tools may be useful to help diagnose what is happening here.

Please post the MBAM log if you still have it (Open MBAM, click on the logs tab and post the report that details the malware that was removed).

If you are having problems running DDS lets try the following system scan and see if it will run:

• [*]
Download and run OTL by Oldtimer
  • [*]Please download
OTL by Oldtimer by clicking here and save the file (called OTL.exe) to your desktop. [*]Close all open windows on your computer then Double click on the OTL.exe icon to run the program. [*]Check the boxes beside "LOP Check" and "Purity Check". [*]Under Custom Scan paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
symmpi.sys
adp3132.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%*. /mp /s
%systemroot%system32*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%Tasks*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%system32drivers*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%System32config*.sav
%systemroot%system32drivers*.sys /90
CREATERESTOREPOINT

• [*]Click the
"Run Scan" button. Do not change any settings unless specifically told to do so. The scan will not take long.

• [*]When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows:
OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. [*]Note: These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C: drive if they fail to open automatically. [*]Please Copy and Paste the contents of both files in your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.

I would also like to see of the following scan will run: [*]aswMBR

• [*]Download
aswMBR.exe to your desktop. [*]Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it. [*]When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes. [*]Click the "Scan" button to start scan.

Posted Image

• [*]On completion of the scan click
save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.

Posted Image

If you still have the Spybot and MBAM logs please post them back here for me to review and let me know how you get on with the other scans. You may need to make more than one post to fit all of the information in.

Hello seasun21

Is this your own machine or are you helping someone else to clean it?

I'll get back to you once I have reviewed your posts :)

This is my own machine. :)

Hello seasun21

Thanks for letting me know.

Please work your way through the steps outlined above and post the logs as requested.

If you encounter any problems come back here and let me know.

Two threads working here...-----> http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/201967-lots-of-error-messages-unable-to-install-or-run-security-softwar/

Sorry about two working threads...I guess I misunderstood you but, in your first reply to this thread, you said I should post the logs in a new thread. Can you please close one of them?

Thank you :)

:geezer: