Sign in to follow this  
Corleone007

Firefox Warning Unresponsive script - What it means and how to fix it

Firefox may give you a "Warning: Unresponsive script" prompt that says "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete." This article describes why this could happen and possible solutions and workarounds.

This error is telling you that Firefox thinks that a script may be running out of control and would make Firefox hang if nothing is done. The script could be something on a web page you're accessing, in an extension you installed, or even Firefox itself.

Type about:config in the address bar.Ignore warning and click I'll be carefulType script into the filter boxFind dom-max_script_run_timeDbl click dom-max_script_run_timeNew window will openEnter 0 for integer value OK

Don't know if that's so wise. If Firefox is warning you about a script gone loco, it could be some malware. If I ever run into something like that, I'll just quit that site.

nigsy   

I'm with Kurt. How do you know what script is trying to run? Enabling it could, potentially be opening the door to malware.

I think these errors are telling you 'it's time to switch to Chrome'

Don't know if that's so wise. If Firefox is warning you about a script gone loco, it could be some malware. If I ever run into something like that, I'll just quit that site.

Well the fix came from Mozzila help. We have to trust somebody and I did. I did on two computers and have no problems. After all you can go back and set the integer as it was if you think the change is causing a problem.

nigsy   

Does Chrome warn you about such scripts?

Yes it does.

But I never let it run if it errors or thinks it may be malicious. I'd always try another website.