caintry_boy

Stanford Down...

It appears that we are up and running again at Stanford > http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=32035&username=caintry%5Fboylast updated today...

However the stats page at EOC is still down as maintenance is being performed > http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

Fold On people!

:geezer:

doesn't really work like that caintry, say the last time it was down was because of system failure, first they have to get it back up and running again and tested to make sure they've fixed the failure and it's only then that they can know the system is stable enough again to go ahead and do any maintenance like upgrading the software which would also requires the system to go offline again.

plus things like maintenance are probably planned months in advance for a certain time frame, and the date cannot really be changed easily because of all the people and hardware that needs to be assembled at one time to complete it.

:b33r:

I quit Folding last week after too many failed WU. Neither of my PCs ever get failed WU. I refuse to stomach any of Stanford's BS about either of my PCs being defective. The chance of both of my PCs suddenly becoming unstable at the exact same time makes it double BS from Stanford.

Yet again... :( They're saying it's for maintenance...I asked why didn't they do maintenance when they were down just recently. :IG:

:geezer:

They're probably overclocking their servers again! :yikes: