Sign in to follow this  
Agent Smith

Where is everyone?

Where did everyone go?

It looks like the threads and posts in this section taper off in accordance with the tanking of the economy??? Did people lose interest when things went south? I know that's when I did... I haven't been into PC's in a long time......

Forum Warz were my favorite time of the year next to the holidays back in the day though... EVEN RECORDED A SONG ABOUT IT!!!

http://www.theraptorpit.com/FWRap.wmv

However, myself, and my brother (Burned-ATI) are back on here, so maybe some others will start coming around, even the hardcore enthusiasts won't hang around when are by themselves....

Let's bring the pit back!!!

Most of us are still around, but a few defected to TRP because of all the competitions. Seems that even that has about died out over there tho.' Although, they are having a Forum WzrZ coming up, Raymo is busy "jump-starting" a new restaurant for his wife and the posting and all for the WarZ will take place at OCF... :blink:

Nor sure if I'll participate or not...

Most of the old O/C'ers still pop in, but I think the economy keeps us down and besides...what point is there to building the "latest and greatest" only to find it outdated by the time you get it put together?

:geezer:

Most of us are still around, but a few defected to TRP because of all the competitions. Seems that even that has about died out over there tho.' Although, they are having a Forum WzrZ coming up, Raymo is busy "jump-starting" a new restaurant for his wife and the posting and all for the WarZ will take place at OCF... :blink:

Nor sure if I'll participate or not...

Most of the old O/C'ers still pop in, but I think the economy keeps us down and besides...what point is there to building the "latest and greatest" only to find it outdated by the time you get it put together?

I think the point is that it's a hobby. You could ask the same question to guys who spend all day with their cars, why build a super fast car when you have a speed limit.

I drifted away from the pit to TRP, then drifted away when I decided I needed to get out of debt. Come back and trp is damn near dead :s Speaking of which, anyone heard from Beast in forever?

I remember some top contenders being Shogan, X_C, Ray of course, IntelGuy, and a few others, everybody else was just trying to catch those dudes.... The overclockability of ice-cold chips sent the hardcore guys out getting LN2, and the rest of us went expensive air, or cheap water. I am considering cheap water myself on my next build.

My brother picked up an H60 to cool his 3570k, we shall see how it does, think it was like $50!

I think the point is that it's a hobby. You could ask the same question to guys who spend all day with their cars, why build a super fast car when you have a speed limit.

I drifted away from the pit to TRP, then drifted away when I decided I needed to get out of debt. Come back and trp is damn near dead :s Speaking of which, anyone heard from Beast in forever?

Well, it's not a hobby for me any more and never really was. It was more the thrill of the competition, like running that hot rod down the 1/4 mile as fast as it'll go...I've probably built my last system other than upgrading things like vid cards.

Beast still comes around TRP occasionally and stuck his head in here not to long back...

I remember some top contenders being Shogan, X_C, Ray of course, IntelGuy, and a few others, everybody else was just trying to catch those dudes.... The overclockability of ice-cold chips sent the hardcore guys out getting LN2, and the rest of us went expensive air, or cheap water. I am considering cheap water myself on my next build.

My brother picked up an H60 to cool his 3570k, we shall see how it does, think it was like $50!

Sho' and IG are still here of course, IG is one of the top Admin now and Sho' spends all his time writing for The PIT newsletter. X_C picked up and went to Japan after the meltdown to try and help. Closed down his websites, sold out (I think) and boogied. Ray as I said is busy helping his wife get their new restaraunt off the ground. He pops into TRP now and then to check on things and I don't recall seeing him around here for quite some time...

OneCool and Intratech show their faces now and then, but OneCool is married with a kid now and Intra, well he's still doing MMA and being Intra...

edit: oh, and wdeydwondrer is poking his nose around here again...btw, it's good to see you 3 again...

Yeah cool to be back, OneCool, forgot about him, last time I saw him he was finding ways to burn up a new x1900xt, lmao

It was thrill for me too, and when it got old, it just got old, happens sometimes, but I got the itch again, of course this is three kids and a lay-off later, do miss the overclocking a lot though, this Dell I'm on wants no part of it!

not to kick up any old dust on this thread but i miss the old days too. i met alot of cool people and learned lots,i check here every other day or so but its hard to get back on the saddle when the horse is no where to be seen. someone push the rewind button please. to everyone i know/met or helped you guys rock!

I log in every once in a while when I get some new hardware and get interested in PCs again. It's not the same as it used to be.

Never going to forget how the pit was in the old days.

Agent Smith, the forum warz song has permanent residence in my itunes library and I still rock out to it every time it pops up on shuffle. :note2:

Edited by bigchrome

I was just thinking of all the time spent logged in on here. 6-7 years ago this place was different.

different indeed,people were here religiously. so we all spent alot of time and money,to me it was worth it.

Hey Guys.

I think a lot of people slowly dropped out when the economy hit the fan and then when it got to where we couldn't compete with the guys with LN2.

I still check in but I haven't overclocked in years, well i do overclock my current rig but it's the same one I had 4 years ago. Anyway good to read some posts and see what people are doing.

IT was absolutely a great time and I can't believe how much money I would spend. I think my last rig was sitting at about 4 grand,,,not counting chillers and WC and such.

Hey Guys.

I think a lot of people slowly dropped out when the economy hit the fan and then when it got to where we couldn't compete with the guys with LN2.

I still check in but I haven't overclocked in years, well i do overclock my current rig but it's the same one I had 4 years ago. Anyway good to read some posts and see what people are doing.

IT was absolutely a great time and I can't believe how much money I would spend. I think my last rig was sitting at about 4 grand,,,not counting chillers and WC and such.

Good to see ya' poking your head around here Sho'....I'll say this, I thought the O/C forum went downhill when we quit hosting competitions and when Ray started TRP he took a few of our people with him...

Just my 2 cents...

I gradually lost interest in hardware and overclocking. Recently broke down the desktop and peripherals, got a Macbook Pro and a PS4 for gaming. No regrets, it just started to feel pointless so figured it was time to simplify my computing lifestyle and be a little more eficient while clearing some space. I just need to get around to selling the parts.

I was just thinking of all the time spent logged in on here. 6-7 years ago this place was different.

I met this guy here. HE BUILT me a computer and sent it to me! (February 2008) He made some business here! I wish I could have have kept in touch with him, but haven't seen him on. Thanks el kido for helping me get my own first real desktop! Which later inspired me to build my own.

I still have it, well kinda lol... Upgraded everything but power supply, case and cpu cooler. All still working after all these years!

Android tablets have totally changed the way I use computers , my desktop can go,for weeks on end without use ......tablets just a tool that's a fixed configuration , that just works ..

Origionaly came here looking for answers to problems , but stuff is pretty reliable these days

Sort of moved on .....after some life changes .... Pop in and out as I even miss some of the peeps that I never saw eye to eye too .....heh ..time eh ?