Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

Windows 8: Your first impressions

Actually BB windows ships with the most secure protection disabled by default. The fact that to this day the default user is setup as "administrator" is asinine. The fact that the majority of computer users don't know the difference is shameful because of Microsoft's practices of that as the default. That leads to people creating every account with that setting. Shame on MS for creating that default and the current ignorance to the most basic and most effective security setting aka limited user accounts!

i don't completely disagree with you there, this does not, however, change what i said. the absolute most valuable protection is common sense and not being ignorant about what you're using. admin account, locked-down account, doesn't matter for many people.

i don't completely disagree with you there, this does not, however, change what i said. the absolute most valuable protection is common sense and not being ignorant about what you're using. admin account, locked-down account, doesn't matter for many people.

But they are using it the way the company that creates it has taught them to use it. For most people that is the common sense approach as it is what the manufacturer obviously intends them to do. For those people that is "the common sense" approach.

For me it is not, but you have to remember BB, that the great majority of people do not do anything more than use their computer the way it is shipped, bloat-ware and all.