Sign in to follow this  
kburra

Lock Hunter

I had downloaded a part movie TS,and tried everything to remove form the desktop,Safe mode,Command prompt etc all to no avail,same mesage everytime "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer, (next line) close the file and try again."

Then came across Lock Hunter,it showed me what prcocess was it holding up,and how to unlock or just delete,worked a treat a real handy app to have around for I was stumped.

Posted Image

Shows processes locking a file or folder

Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file

Allows to kill locking process

Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive

Can unload DLLs from processes

Integrates in to Explorer menu

It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake

Supports both 32 and 64bit Windows

http://lockhunter.com/index.htm

Nice find!!

But beware:

At the moment LockHunter is in beta stage. So use it with care! Your suggestions and bugreports are appreciated!

Nice find!!

But beware:

At the moment LockHunter is in beta stage. So use it with care! Your suggestions and bugreports are appreciated!

Checked them ,and once found out they were also the makers of USB safely remove(used it for years) prepared to use this product also (Free) was aware is beta,but that has not discouraged me in the past to try something new.