Sign in to follow this  
Occ

Is Overdrive test down, or my browser messed up?

lol Jesus thank heavens. I was getting redy to start diggin into my setup.

I can get the test to run after 5x of hitting f5, does hang at testing drives for about 15 secs, then when doen goes stright to "No Session in Progress"....lol

Still down for me.

Most of the time it runs the complete tests, then just when you would expect the summeries page is when it goes to " No session in progress"

This was happening on a Fresh Win7 Install repeatedly , then I logged in to a know good xp pro system, same thing was happeneing there too.

Didnt like my win7 install, so reconfigured system again and fresh loaded install on win7 again and same issue is still here.

Still down for me.

Most of the time it runs the complete tests, then just when you would expect the summeries page is when it goes to " No session in progress"

This was happening on a Fresh Win7 Install repeatedly , then I logged in to a know good xp pro system, same thing was happeneing there too.

Didnt like my win7 install, so reconfigured system again and fresh loaded install on win7 again and same issue is still here.

I have three PCs all of which have failed to run Overdrive today, in the same way as described above. My cookies are set correctly

Are all three PC's connecting to the Internet through the same router/firewall? Login to the router and check the firewall log for 198.101.174.136 and see if that is being blocked for some reason.

I've checked the forums and the help desk and I don't see any other reports of this issue, nor can I reproduce it on any of my five computers so the source of the problem appears to be something local.

You can try flushing the DNS resolver cache as well, but that's a longshot. You can to Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt and type:

ipconfing /flushdns then hit the Enter key.

Whoops. I spoke too soon. I was able to reproduce the problem. Give us a little time and I'll see if I can get it fixed.

Finnaly have all updates installed. Save for win7 Service Pack1.

Seem sometimes is totally random to pull up and Can find page when starting test. If pressf5 3-5x test runs. Test Seems to complete, and again right after the speed test Either geos stright to no session. Now I tired to change my comments in the splash page after the test,( which again, sometimes comes up) and if I change anything goes straight to no seesion. I believe its in Scripting and or Cookies, just gona have to research how to correct it. lol I just looked up.....I noticed on pcpitstop...when i did get to its cookie test said it was disable, another web site said it was enabled so I am kinds of confused to whats up in my box...only been runng for 24 hours ona fresh install so pretty sure no virus...lol

We have it tracked down to a problem on our end related to the new server migration. We are working on a fix ASAP.

Getting same error messages,

*Cookies failed to load

*No session in progress

*PC Pit Stop utility did not load

Followed all trouble shooting tips but no luck.

Just reformatted yeterday, never had a problem before, problem started yesterday sometime as I test every day or so.

I see the Techs are on the trail with this prob..thx... :clap:

Specifications:Acer Notebook 8943G

Intel core i3 350 @ 2.27Ghz

4G ram

ATI Radion Mobility HD 5650

Windows7/Home Premium/64 bit.

IE9.

Edited by J. Cee

Like Sho said, it should be working now. Let us know if that's not the case for your machines.

After sveral hours of research about win7...Seem too if you moved temp int file...it really messes up things. did a full reset of IE9 then started in on activex and cookies. As well as going through hoops and fire to get rid of the created files and folders. Seem as though the only thing I come up with is making sure pcpitstop is in the safe zone sites list. No more trouble after that. And may I say I am sick to death of Win7 anal istic use of permissions.. . . . . .

and now the only issue this machine has in my ISP is RF Broadband. Capped at 5mg Hits 3.25 most often. But if any f you have used win7 with any wireless, I am certain you have expeirenced the lack of tuning ablity, to the tcp stack ...as with win7 you can not lower the rwin below like 65K. My Rf here starts dropping packets when rwin goes above 14K ish...depending on radio interferences and net work traffic. I had really had hoped as long as win7 has been out , some one would put out a fix for this issue.

Happy Trails and thanks.

Edited by Occ

Like Sho said, it should be working now. Let us know if that's not the case for your machines.

Win7 Home Premium

I'm glad I decided to check in here and found that it's "not me".

For the past week or so I've been getting the No Session In Progress right at the point following the test scan where I would have received the test results.

I followed all the instructions regarding cookies, ZoneAlarm (which is my Firewall), etc. Occasionally the test would complete with no problem, but just a few minutes ago, after starting my computer for the day and running Overdrive, I received the same No Session in Progress, after which I fortuitously came here and can see that perhaps it's not me but, as stated above:

I believe there is a glitch that they're working on... ;)

Now that I'm pretty sure the issue is on Pitstop's end, I'll try my luck by testing occasionally as well as checking in here for your progress toward resolving the issue.

Thank you!

:)

As above, I have been getting the error "No Session in Progress" for the last few days. I've been using PC Pitstop for years without problems and I don't think I have changed anything significant on my PC since the last time the test ran successfully which would have been on 1st July or thereabouts since I normally run it at the beginning of every month.

O.K. I_G and Sho'...I just ran it myself on my new AMD rig and it won't run for me either...I went into Internet Options/Privacy/Advanced and checked the box to "Override Automatic Cookie Handling" and made certain that First and Third party cookies are accepted...see pic...

Still get this error message right after the bandwidth test...btw, it doesn't take me 20 min. to get there either...

Asus Crosshair V Formula mobo

FX-8120 CPU

8Gb RAM

3870x2 video card

Testing in 32bit IE9 (BTW the Cookie instructions on the site are for IE6??, there are a whole lot of us who have graduated...)

:fear: :fear: :fear:

:geezer:

im having same issue and its emergency that i get it to work

as cloud10 the company im apply to work for need my pc to be tested by this site

and i have to send the results to them!! plz someone help me to get this to work!

it completes all tests then at end says no session in progress. one time i got past it

on my rig then got to where it says YOUR ALMOST there and hit go AND NO results would post

plz admin hit me up SOON as tomorrow night is my deadline~!

Try again and make sure you're testing in 32 bit IE and that you have Cookies enabled as I described above, or, per PCPitstops Cookie instruction on the error page. If you get the error again reload the page and make certain that it does/doesn't list your test below the green "Scan This System Now" bar...

im having same issue and its emergency that i get it to work

as cloud10 the company im apply to work for need my pc to be tested by this site

and i have to send the results to them!! plz someone help me to get this to work!

it completes all tests then at end says no session in progress. one time i got past it

on my rig then got to where it says YOUR ALMOST there and hit go AND NO results would post

plz admin hit me up SOON as tomorrow night is my deadline~!

riverrat, did you get it to run?