Sign in to follow this  
Bright boy

Windows 7 shake

Minimise quickly with shake

If you have multiple windows open on your desktop and things are getting too cluttered, it used to be a time-consuming process to close them all down. In Windows 7 you can use the Aero Shake feature to minimise everything in seconds, using a cool mouse gesture. Grab the title bar of the window you wish to keep open and give it a shake, and rejoice in a clear desktop area.

bonzai   

Or use the short cut - 'windows key/d' which will minimize all open windows and bring you to the desktop

The Windows Shake feature seems pretty cool to me I appreciate the OP posting that. :clap:

I already know how to minimize using shortcuts and taskbar and I don't see how those two replies, which minimize every window, are the same thing since the shake leaves a window of your choice open which is way cool.

geewhiz   

The Windows Shake feature seems pretty cool to me I appreciate the OP posting that. :clap:

I already know how to minimize using shortcuts and taskbar and I don't see how those two replies, which minimize every window, are the same thing since the shake leaves a window of your choice open which is way cool.

You're right - oversight on my part. The shake does minimize all but the window you want kept open.

Edited by geewhiz