Sign in to follow this  
Paultx

Torch • Browser with nice features [free]

TorchMedia server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookie information, and the webpages that you visit.

No thanks. ;)

TorchMedia server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookie information, and the webpages that you visit.

No thanks. ;)

Well, I tested it within Sandboxie on one PC and within Revo Uninstaller Pro on another. :)

But anyway, doesn't any other browser record some kind of data like that all the time? Besides, aren't there ways to protect you-even if not 100%-like firewalls and antimalware, anti-virus software, and the like?

Edited by Paultx

No not all browsers track your every move and report it back to the company.

As for ways to protect yourself the best way is common sense, starting with not using software the tracks your every move :rofl3:

Hey I'm using torch for a couple of months now and you kinda freaked me out with what you said so I did some searching and that's what I found- http://support.torchbrowser.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/3/faq

Thay say- "Torch does not automatically collect any private data on or through our website, except when you voluntarily provide it through your communications with us".

anyway, I didn't get any unusual ads or stuff, other than the regular ones (FB, etc.).

bottom line- torch is great and I'm not so worried.