Sign in to follow this  
bob3160

Windows Backup Missing in Windows 8 - Rediscovered!

I have just upgraded my Consumer Preview to Release Preview and like it, so I decided to take 8 seriously and, encouraged by your tip, decided to setup Backup. I found a straightforward alternative way of accessing the setup screen. Go to Control Panel and select 'System and Security>Save backup copies of your files with File History'. A new window opens and searches for File History drives. On completion of the search a 'Windows 7 File Recovery' button appears at the bottom of the left column. Select this and the Backup setup window shown in your video appears.

There are many ways to reach the finish line. I consider mine a little faster and more direct.

In this case, the importance isn't how to we accomplish starting the backup but, that regular

image back ups be made.

Image back ups make a system infection an annoyance instead of a catastrophe. :)

Edited by bob3160

There are many ways to reach the finish line. I consider mine a little faster and more direct.

In this case, the importance isn't how to we accomplish starting the backup but that regular

image back ups be made.

Image back ups make a system infection an annoyance instead of a catastrophe. :)