Sign in to follow this  
caintry_boy

Which Phone Do You Have? List Yours Here...

Posted Imagesamsung .£10 pay as you go from tescos

No camera .......no internet ...it just phones and texts ......just survived a 60C pre wash and full wash spin cycle (about 2 hours 10 min )...after leaving it in my shorts which were covered in decking weather seal

rather impressed it all still works

I like clamshells ...as the screen is protected when you put it in your pocket with your keys or change

Just got the HTC One S. Love it.

I must say, ice cream sandwich is a great os.

Edited by badbinary

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, not bad but it is my first Android phone and I as of yet do not know much about them and or the security side but running Avast Mobile Security on it after trying a few others etc...

Never been able to root it though, tried a myriad of tutorials and nothing just works, which is a pity because well over half the apps installed I will never use...

I have an iphone 3GS. Works beautifully and does everything I need.

Takes a bit of learning to use it to its full capacity but when you do - wow!

I have a Pantech Renue P6030 ... I don't like it and it's obvious it feels the same about me Posted Image

Aww...looked up that particular phone. The keys(keyboard) is tiny and would be no use for me with my sausage fingers! :lol:

there's a big downside to using those services if you live in a large population area. since they piggyback off of other networks, they get the leftovers...so it works like this: if you're using android with them, you're using sprint (this is just an example) and there are 500 slots on the tower for usage and 500 sprint users are using it, your trac / straight talk / net10 phone will get nothing. also, if there are 450 sprint users and you're talking, and another 50 sprint users make a call...you will likely have your call dropped because the sprint users get priority. same thing goes for data, your data service will get throttled for the same reasons.

it's great in lower population areas or users that never use their phone in peak times, but other than that, it's horrible.

I'm sorry to hear you never owned a good phone signman :lol:

Must admit that did amuse me! :lol: Nay offense though Signman and end of the day each to their own eh...:)

Nahhh not offended at all. If we can't poke fun around here..there's no sense in being here. Bruce to be honest..most of the phones I've owned have been good ones except for the one I had before this iPhone. It was an HTC HD2. The wife and I both had this phone and both had numerous problems. Her's was replaced 3 times and mine twice. The problems never went away...so I was glad to get this iPhone. Oh...and Bruce..well he's the resident pokester! :clap:

I just got rid of my crappy Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T-Mobile) in the summer, and now have an iPhone 4S 16GB,

i have had about 7 different Android phones since 2009, and i have to say none compare to the iPhone in terms of ease of use, reliability, and user experience.

I know everyone is different, but working in IT, i get to work on a lot of different phones, and i think i would never go back to android.

here is a list of all the Android phones I have had.

Original Motorola DROID

HTC Droid Incredible (probably my Favorite Droid phone)

Motorola i1

Nexus 1

HTC G2

Galaxy S 4G

Samsung Vibrant

Apple phones I have had

iPhone 3GS 16GB

iPhone 4S 16GB

Still using the Captivate. Android is hands down a mile and a half better to use than ios for, well, everything I do. Also love the fact I can swap out roms, Captivate STILL has active development. Wish I could find a better modem that would actually change bands when I'm at work, but I'm starting to wonder if the local tower doesn't even have an 850 :s

Samsung Android Charge.... contract almost up and wondering if I should choose another. Mostly I use it just for calls, occasional text, and calendar. I like the big screen, hated the learning curve and remembering where it was when I needed it again, lol.

Edited by dianamite

Samsung Android Charge.... contract almost up and wondering if I should choose another. Mostly I use it just for calls, occasional text, and calendar. I like the big screen, hated the learning curve and remembering where it was when I needed it again, lol.

The S3 is an amazing phone. The new Sony Xperia Z looks good. But if you only use it for calls and calendar, do you even need an Android phone? Maybe a decent Nokkia would suit and would probably be on a cheaper contract.

The S3 is an amazing phone. The new Sony Xperia Z looks good. But if you only use it for calls and calendar, do you even need an Android phone? Maybe a decent Nokkia would suit and would probably be on a cheaper contract.

Been thinking that I should just drop the data plan. Thanks I will check those out.