Sign in to follow this  
caintry_boy

New Machine - Built recently - Now w/pics

Mobo - http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813131760

CPU - http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115095

RAM - http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231473

Case - http://www.microcent...duct_id=0338051 < just happened to be in-store and saw this, couldn't resist; and, I must say it's a "bleepin'" behemoth. tons of space, easy cable routing, great cooling and looks great!!

Kept my GTX 460's and EK waterblock for the CPU, DVD-RW and SSD's. Not the latest and greatest but great enough for me...(was lookin' at the Skt. 2011 stuff but too rich for my blood...) I'll toss up some pics as soon as I can get 'em taken.

Opinions and discussion...

:geezer:

Hey CB.. been around man, just way inactive.. been too tied up with life, hope all's well with you..

I'm planning a new rig myself, deciding on parts..

As promised, here's some pics of my new rig. CoolerMaster HAF-X case, 2 x 5 1/4 in bay XSPC res/pump, LG DVD-RW, Asus Skt.1155 Maximus IV Extreme-Z mobo with i7-2700k @ 4.5Ghz 24/7, 16Gb G.Skill DDR3-2133 RAM, 2 x EVGA GTX 460's one with Arctic Cooling Accelero XTREME Plus cooler. (Stuck my finger in the reference fan...:blushing:) EK Supreme LT Plexi waterblock on CPU, PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Blue Tubing 1/2in. ID, Black Ice GT stealth 360 radiator, 3 x 120MM Thermaltake fans on rad...all powered by a Corsair 1200W PSU.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not very good pic, but here's the triple 120MM fan rad mounted on back. /

Posted Image

"Side mounted" drive bays /

Posted Image

Posted Image

Partial of the twin 240MM fan bays on top /

Posted Image

Top right front power/reset and sliding cover /

Posted Image

Sorry for the pic quality, I need a new camera and a tripod to boot...:mrgreen:

You need some help with cleaning up cabling!.. :P

You have a HAF-X, why mount the rad outside then?

I'm fairly happy with the cabling, it's the best I've ever accomplished. ;) I just like the rear mounted rad better, it would have fit inside but that involves more cable routing. :pullhair:

Looks real good Caintry! I like it. :)

Thanks man! It's the nicest and cleanest and the fastest build I've ever put together. I'll likely keep this rig for the "rest of my computing days". Seems like every year for the last 4-5 years maybe longer, I've built a new rig every spring with my income tax money. Lessee, at about $800-1000/1200 per year shoooot, I coulda' taken a cruise to the Bahamas or the likes once or twice and that's something I've never done, but would like to do...

I hear you on that part! That last build I did cost me over $3000 in parts alone, that was over three years ago! Parts now are cheaper than then. Then I bought 2 brand new BFG 8800 ultras for sli, and they were $900 a piece. lol A 700 watt PcPower and cooling power supply at @ $200. However it did help out with the forum wars.

Nice machine you put together there, it should last a very long while! :geezer:

I'm jealous! Hugs, Josie

I never finished my last build. I have all the parts, I lost interest.....sad. : (

Just ship 'em to me Josie, I'll put it together for ya'...:rolleyes: