Sign in to follow this  
jeckel13

unable to clear cache or browsing data!

Hi-newbie here-heres my prob-im running vista home basic and chrome also firefox-i cant clear my cache and history-ive used chrome wrench and tools/also chrome clear browsing history no go-rav cc cleaner-ran clnmangr and nope-it says there cleaned but still there-ive ran cmnd.prompt ipconfig /flushdns -ran net stop dnscache-then made sure dns was set to automatic still not cleaning-tried using RunDll32.exe inetCpl.cpl,clear myTracks By process 8-then process 2-then process 1-but the crap is still there-HELP ANYONE PLEASE :yikes:

See if ATF works

Download ATF Cleaner http://www.atribune.org/

Click "Main" > check 'select all' this first time using it, then click "Empty Selected". Do the same for FireFox or Opera if you use either of those browsers.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options.

On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files".

Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK.

go here

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=69

click on the download link, then click on the version 4.5.2 and download and run.

this product, Windows Cleanup by Steve Gould is one of the best temp/junk file cleanup utilities i have ever seen.

I use it on my personal pc's and side jobs, and also use it here at work on our servers.

you wont be disappointed.

I use Clean Up! in vista and windows 7. Before you install it you need to set "Run as Administrator" on the installer first

I have noticed that I have a firefox add on called "do not track plus" and I can not delete any cookies while that add on is running. If I disable it first, I can delete cookies.

Edited by Joe C

yeah, i use Cleanup on my 64bit win 7 enterprise with no issues, and have used it in vista as well.

I also use it on server 2003, and server 2008.. pretty much works on everything.

Edited by PowerChucker