Sign in to follow this  
Guest IronManDan

Spyware

I bought Pest Patrol about 4 months ago, that keeps all them nasty spyware junk out of my pc, stops them before they even get into my pc . It may cost 40. bucks but I got it for $20.00 when I bought Zone Alarm. I have no probs. with junk in my pc. B):tup:

Top of page "download" white print on black background. This takes you to a page ---go to bottom of page and download.

I had trouble with this page too.

Guest IronManDan

I cant beleave I have all this inside my computer theres a lot in red here . Now how safe is this going to be if I remove all that is in red. Its showing 150 problems found (257 seconds)

spybot has a restore feature if it causes any problem.... but I doubt that it will.

you should also goto 'tools' , 'hosts', then import the spybot hosts file, it will help block the majority of tracking cookies from getting on your pc to begin with.

Guest IronManDan

Ok kool Ive added the host thingydo allso going to back up Once I backup it will all be traped there till I remove it yes

While using spybot ive always deleted all it found (except the IE pwd one) and ive not had any probs at all. Ok it has never found anything it can show in red for me to get rid of, but the odd things it picks up after a surf on the net gets busted on a daily basis :)

Keith

Guest IronManDan

Im going to have to restart because of some memory in use MAN I hope this all works thanks all

Guest IronManDan

KOOL IM SO HAPPY ALL is good here thanks again guys YOU ARE ALL LIFE SAVERS IN MY BOOK

Glad you got it sorted :) If your the kind who installs loads of programs and demo's and what nots then just get into a habit of running the spybot after the install. If it picks anything up which points to the program or whatever you installed then id just remove the program and then get rid of the spyware it found. You can leave it on your comp and use it if you like offcourse, but its not something i would do.

Keith

Edited by doofus