Sign in to follow this  
Skippydoodle2

Burned CD's

downloading music from frostwire is illegal.

Check your computer for trojans

not necessarily illegal...only illegal if he does not own the album the songs came on.

you most likely burned the songs onto the cd as .mp3. most cd players do not play mp3 cds and only play audo cds. what you'll need to do is create an audio cd from the mp3 files.

that's downright silly bb.

If you own the cd then you do not need to download from frostwire

Frostwire also has tousands and thousands of songs from creative commons artists.

To simply always assume that anyone using P2P software is breaking the law is wrong, in fact if someone had suggested it to me without me saying what songs I had downloaded I would have been insulted.

It is well within the scope of the forum rules for the OP to ask the question he/she has asked.

that's downright silly bb.

If you own the cd then you do not need to download from frostwire

maybe he/she wants the music on their computer's hard drive, and the cd/dvd burner or rom is broken? i could be wrong, but i believe as bb does....that it is perfectly legal to dl the music you already own a copy of, and add it to your library.

and as mentioned already, it is not illegal to download from frostwire. as bruce stated above: there is plenty of legit content there that is free and legal to dl.

shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions and make rash assumptions joe. :nono:

...certainly true about the trojans though. it can be a great place to pick up something nasty. :geezer:

o.k. o.k.....

I'll rephrase that. It is illegal to download copyright music that you do not own.

you'll get no sympathy from me if you pick up a trojan

:b33r::geezer:

I have personally seen way too many computers infected with trojan music files from P2P. It was my assumption from personal experiences that led me to falsely believe that some of the music being downloaded could be illegal.

(that's my story and I'm sticking with it)

Edited by Joe C

Simple question...I burned mp3 files to a cd..it plays on the computer, but doesn't play in our kitchen cd player..I downloaded the files from Frostwire (Torrent data?)...what's missing?? Thanks

Well despite all the hub-bub over legality, the best I can tell ya' is this...some players just will not play cd's/dvd's that we burn at home. I can't explain it, they just won't expecially if it's an xxx-RW.

:geezer:

Frostwire also has tousands and thousands of songs from creative commons artists.

To simply always assume that anyone using P2P software is breaking the law is wrong, in fact if someone had suggested it to me without me saying what songs I had downloaded I would have been insulted.

It is well within the scope of the forum rules for the OP to ask the question he/she has asked.

wow, sure sounded like you were accusing me of doing something like that when I asked a similar question before.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/165655-ubuntu-for-torrents/page__p__1571447__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=1571447

Before this thread disintegrates into a slagging match and counter accusations...i think it's time to close the topic.

Your original question has been answered..ie burn the CD as a music CD (.wav) format for standard CD players and not as a data CD. Data cd's will probably still work fine in a bluray player if they are able to read them...thinking PS3 here. Also as stated expect to get a few 'coasters' until you find a brand of CD that your player will happily read.

Closed.