Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

Alright.....

I have just been clicking the forum, going to work, and hoping by the time I get home a page has loaded :P

short term memory .....its because we are the young our memory is in tact....pcpitstop is getting old with memory loss Edited by mme

thought i might as well post this here, seeing how it's another glitch.

the moved topic "address bar" here :- http://forums.pcpits...m/42-tech-talk/

doesn't take me to the topic when clicked on, like it always did before with moved topics.

it gives an error message "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

also if you opened the icons window with show all in a topic when making a reply and left it open, when you try and make another post in separate topic and click on an icon to put in the new reply, nothing happens where before it would still work.

now you have to close the window and then re-open it again from the new reply before the icons will be pasted into your post.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

thought i might as well post this here, seeing how it's another glitch.

the moved topic "address bar" here :- http://forums.pcpits...m/42-tech-talk/

doesn't take me to the topic when clicked on, like it always did before with moved topics.

it gives an error message "[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

also if you opened the icons window with show all in a topic when making a reply and left it open, when you try and make another post in separate topic and click on an icon to put in the new reply, nothing happens where before it would still work.

now you have to close the window and then re-open it again from the new reply before the icons will be pasted into your post.

The moved topic is here now: http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/197182-address-bar/ may have been a dupe and one of them got redirected to the trashcan.

The 2nd part of your post, are you talking about the smilies? I'll see what I can do to remedy that.

We've got IPS looking into our lagging, glitching, messed up upgrade, so one way or another we'll get things right again.

Wish it was quicker as I know what a pain and burden it's been on everyone.

:) Y

yes talking about smilies. :lol:

no idea if the topic was a dupe and the wrong link was left in place aimed at trash, just knew links are usually left so op can find topic at correct place and that one didn't work. i'd already read the topic but thought i'd better mention the broken link. :P

noticed another thing when we click on a pit link in a topic it used to open a new tab but now it just takes you there and then we have to navigate back to the topic we were originally reading.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/ that opens immediately Exec. Time: 0.6947

http://forums.pcpits...al-discussions/ Exec. Time: 44.5149

thats only problem i got.....everything else works fine

and thats using windows 7 dont know whats faster

on the new pitstop windows or linux

Edited by mme

We've been working with IPS to address these isues and have made some progress, yet the lags are still continuing when first clicking on a forum when logged in. So, we are enabling "slow query logging" for at least a 24 hour period to get a more thorough report of actions and re-actions within the software.

This may cause a performance hit while it is running, but your assistance and support is appreciated. If you continue to get that "initial lag" and/or other delays or odd behavior, please post it so we know and can cross reference these details with the logs that are being generated.

Thanks all

edit: 3:22 PM, just lagged going to PD Exec. Time: 35.3667

Edited by Y kawika

just lagged going to PD Exec. Time: 35.3667

how you get these numbers?

Time Now: Nov 03 2011 04:03 Exec. Time: 52.0186 Load: 4.45

Edited by Juliet

From the Lobby to this thread direct: Exec. Time: 0.4744 Load: 2.55

From this thread, "Back to General Discussions": Exec. Time: 15.2621 Load: 2.52

Then back in here to post:Exec. Time: 0.9025 Load: 2.07

Edited by Humbluemoon

will we ever see the end of lag around here?

Yes.

Are you lagging now?

We made some adjustments this evening based on some early findings in the logs and the boards seem to be performing better.

There is still some lag when navigating to a Member's profile, especially a member with a bit of history 'round these parts.

We are watching the behavior and will cross reference it to the logs being generated.

example: Exec. Time: 33.7025 << lag going to duanester's profile

Edited by Y kawika

Yes.

Are you lagging now?

explanation

after i wait for whatever length of time, after that if i choose to return, no waiting required, the response is instantaneous kawika.

slmost makes me not want to return at a later time, because i have to wait about a minute!

i sometimes load an extra tab to other forums, or check the weather, doing something that distracts me from the pit till its up.

Please post these lagging Exec Times from the bottom of the page when they happen to you.

With the time date stamp from your post, it'll make it that much easier to cross-reference it to the logs.

If you don't wish to, then that's OK too. I understand how frustrating it can be.

finally, the lag seems to be gone.

man, talk about be annoyed, i'm glad you guys got it fixed.

not trying to look selfish, but i was at my wits end :rofl2:

I miss it :(

get a dial up account, then it'll be just like it was. In fact....everything on the net will be just like that :rofl2: