Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

Alright.....

Time Now: Oct 23 2011 07:58 PM Exec. Time: 0.4747

Not bad, it is the fastest I have been able to get to a forum since the upgrade.

Will try going to another section now :tup:

Lots of 'bizzar' things still going on ... such as replying to Wayne's post and getting a bold font.

I clicked the backspace key to reply once again.

Since we updated to the new IPBoard, are we protecting ourselves from each other??! :rofl3:

Joe C The only time I see a lag is when you first get here after being away for a while, and only when you go to any forum, doesn't lag when you click on one of the threads to the forum. After the first lag, it runs good

same here opening the site is fine

but going to another site its slow

after that its ok loads fine

we always tell other members

if it's not broke dont fix it

guess we bit our tongue

i liked the old board

Edited by mme

Lots of 'bizzar' things still going on ... such as replying to Wayne's post and getting a bold font.

I have had this happen to me in the HJT forum a couple of times. At first I though it was my BBCode but the same post posted elsewhere (as a test) always looks fine...

just tried to go to the Linux section and got this Exec. Time: 30.4944 Load: 8.68

when i came to GD it took no time at all

Made an adjustment to prefetching and it seems to be helping with access to the forums.

Also, made an adjustment to help speed up access to profiles.

Anyone having better results this morning?

:) Y

I don't know about anyone else, but I seem to have 'corrupt' cookies. --- _utma ---- member_ id and forum_id. If I delete these cookies, while I'm in the forums, I can move around quickly. If I leave them, then I get the wait time.

If I start here and only click the links to a reply in a thread showing on each forum on the home page, I get no lags. It only lags for the first time when I click on any of the forums

Edited by Joe C

After reading the last few replies, then clicking the "Back to GD" link...

Exec. Time: 56.8600 Load: 1.75

:geezer:

Yep lagged for me too: Exec. Time: 27.5569

Thanks for pointing that out, I never tried that link before.

It only lags for the first time when I click on any of the forums

Getting the same here. The forum itself loads like expected, but the first click on any subforum takes forever to load. Then after that it is OK.

Wow...I had trouble getting in this morning. I entered my user name and password..then clicked on "user to user"...but it never did load. After a minute and 10 seconds I closed my browser and cleared cookies. I tried again and still took about 30 seconds to open the user to user section. Somethings still not right.

Can you run SHOW PROCESSLIST; from within MySQL and tell us what queries are taking a long time?

I'll PM you tonight.

Thanks

It doesn't go directly to "get last post", or "first post unread". Instead it's making a long, long trip around Robbin's barn.

Gotta complain myself. After you wait out the long time to gain entry, it mostly works as expected from there.....mostly.

I have time to play a game of backgammon while waiting to get into a forum :)

I found a fix!

Come here to the forum, click on one of the forums then go make a pot of coffee, have your breakfast and drop off the kids at school. Then there's a possibility that your on the forum you clicked on when you get home and your on your happy-go-lucky day!