Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

Alright.....

You have any kind of noscript or adblock type of addon/extension in your browser? For me it shows up as soon as I click in the Reply window. You can also hit the "more reply options" button and it will take you to the usual reply box/page you're used to seeing.

Getting horrible load speeds when clicking on a forum aka General, or Political...................... sometimes I just have to close the browser, and try again after waiting for a minute or longer, this started with the new forum update, I have tried the different themes with the same result.

This isn't happening at any other site only this forum.

Getting horrible load speeds when clicking on a forum aka General, or Political...................... sometimes I just have to close the browser, and try again after waiting for a minute or longer, this started with the new forum update, I have tried the different themes with the same result.

agree

As above, seems to have slowed to the point of having to close and refresh. Someone still making changes???

Me to...

:geezer:

I just re-sycronized the forums, so let me know if you see any improvement in load times.

:) Y

When I log in the pages load extremely slow but after I restart, (that is to reload the web page) everything works o.k.

Edited by Joe C

after I'm here for a while it's good but when I first get here it's slow???

I'll need to leave for a while and see what that does

Edited by Joe C

20+ seconds going from one forum section to another. Reminds me of my 300-bit/s modem from the early 80's ohhhhhhhhhhh the memories :lol:

Got here this morning, clicked on a forum and waited 2 minutes, and simply couldn't take it, so I left came back after a while, I could get to a topic and post, then clicking on another forum topic started the 2 minute wait again........... It's bad, sometimes it is beyond bad. I would hate to think of someone having computer problems arriving here for help and finding a broken forum. Not very confidence inspiring ;)

When I click my book mark and first see the forums page, I get this time which seems o.k. to me.

Exec. Time: 0.2337

When I click on any forum, this one happened to be GD, it takes a long time to get there

Exec. Time: 20.8956

The strange thing I see is that after I go through that wait time the first time I get here, everything else after that runs fine, This the results from going to U2U after the long wait

Exec. Time: 0.2175

And the results from coming back to GD to make my post here

Exec. Time: 0.4662

waited 3 minutes for a page to refresh, then closed browser and tried to connect to the pit again and just got the same old mysql server problem i've seen so many times before.

when it works, it works fast enough, but when it doesn't which is way to often in my opinion it sure slow and a pain.

:b33r:

Don't mean to be a "whine :filtered:", but, I've started a couple topics lately and mistakenly had "typo's" in the title. When I try to edit the post using *Full Editor* I can correct the typo but it doesn't work. When I save changes and go back the title is still the same with no changes made.

Well some good news, I'm on my main rig right now (wired connection) and the forum speed is super fast! Now, my wireless downstairs is another matter, slower than cold molasses. Sigh...can't have it all I guess. :)

It was brought to our attention that the "Default Notification" settings were changed with this upgrade, with the notification of "Followed Topic and/or Forums" being turned off.

These 2 settings have now been altered to notify via e-mail:

Notification method to use for replies to followed topics

Notification method to use for topics in followed forums

~~~~

The PM settings appeared to have stayed the same for those who had registered before the move, but for New Members, they were turned off, so these have been amended to use the Notification List, which is the icon just to the left of your user name in the upper right corner of the screen. A red number will show up there reflecting the number of PM's you have waiting for you.

These 2 settings are as follows:

Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation

Notify me of replies to my personal conversations

~~~~

If you go to the pull-down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner, then click on "My Settings", a series of options will open.

On the left side, click on "Notification Options"

Make the adjustments to these options that will work best for you.

For the PM's I recommend enabling: Show inline pop-up when I have new personal messages (latest will be shown)

~~~~

Any issues or problems receiving proper notifications, please let us know.

Thanks,

SQL errors trying to get to this forum, finally about 6th try and I got in.

Thanks Bruce, we'll follow up on this.

Access to the forum is absolutely abysmal at times.

I come here and click on a forum and wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happens.

This is the only site (forum upgrade) that I am having problems with.

Coming here sometimes is akin to pouring molasses through a straw in sub zero temperatures.

Sometimes it's a little better, then it gets really fast like watching paint dry. ;)