Sign in to follow this  
Y kawika

Which Phone?

my wife has an lg optiums s....she doesn't care for it, i don't see anything wrong with it except maybe the small screen.

swap her your htc evo then.. :P

got to keep the mrs happy.. :laughing:

:b33r:

my wife has an lg optiums s....she doesn't care for it, i don't see anything wrong with it except maybe the small screen.

I have the Optimus V. It's the same exact phone. Screen could be bigger but the phone runs pretty quick and does have 2.2 with a potential 2.3 update coming soon. Battery life was awful but a few tweaks took care of that...I easily get a day or two (depending how much I use the internet).

I also have the Optimus V Adam.

I am already running 2.3.5

Runs extremely well, and overclocked to 824 with no heat issues, and flash runs on it ;)

Be brave :lol:

Follow the instructions to the letter and you shouldn't have any problems. (Skip the greenmachine theme step) it is butt ugly and is not necessary.

http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/378525-rom-wip-backside-rom-cm7-green-machine-theme.html

I got it all set up except the overclocking (not sure what needs to be done for this)...it's nice though Bruce...much better experience.

I'm on CM7.

It works great, except, 3G throws me a problem (wifi, text, calls are all unaffected).

When I go on 3G and try to get to any website, I'm directed to the Virgin Mobile website and asked to login. When I try to, I get this error:

"Data Connectivity Problem. A secure connection could not be established."

I'm almost certain I was on 3G when I first installed the ROM, but no one else on VM is having this issue..so I cannot pinpoint the problem. I emailed VM about the issue..I could restore back to factory, and see if it works on there (thus showing a problem with the ROM installation). If it still doesn't, I'd need to unroot and go to factory in order to take advantage of the protection program my phone's on.

I'm on CM7.

It works great, except, 3G throws me a problem (wifi, text, calls are all unaffected).

When I go on 3G and try to get to any website, I'm directed to the Virgin Mobile website and asked to login. When I try to, I get this error:

"Data Connectivity Problem. A secure connection could not be established."

I'm almost certain I was on 3G when I first installed the ROM, but no one else on VM is having this issue..so I cannot pinpoint the problem. I emailed VM about the issue..I could restore back to factory, and see if it works on there (thus showing a problem with the ROM installation). If it still doesn't, I'd need to unroot and go to factory in order to take advantage of the protection program my phone's on.

These setting should be the same for your device.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=2c95f38486c16701&hl=en <---device specific

http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-support-troubleshooting/288811-virgin-mobile-settings-web-3g-messaging.html?product=norton%20internet%20security&version=19.1.0.28&layout=retail&actstat=activated&substatus=current&ncoap=1&partner=&ispid=&sitename=&ncoap=1 <---for DHD but still on virgin.

Edited by Tx Redneck

You have nothing if you go to Menu>Settings>Wireless&Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names?

APN is not an option...nothing comes up when you hit the menu key either.

VM has said its a known issue and wants more information from me..we'll see.

You did something wrong when you installed the rom, because the things you say are not working work fine on my phone. Of course when I root a device, and install a new operating system I don't call the carier for help. I think you should go back to the forum and reread all thr instructions and re-install the ROM.

Bruce, the only problem I am having is with 3G. The error I am getting is known as the "redirect of death." If you look around on the internet, you will find a lot of people having the same issue as I am having. Virgin Mobile even told me it was a known issue. The APN settings do not show up on this phone, it even says it in the link Tx provided, so that's obviously not an error I am encountering. I did not install the ROM incorrectly, if I did I'm sure it would either not work, or I'd have loads more problems. Like I said, 3G worked at first, it had to of, since my wifi settings were not saved and I had downloaded some applications before setting the wifi settings up.

I am looking into a solution. The problem does occur on stock and CM7. My new month had started five days ago (right around when I installed the ROM) and that's when the problem occurred..it seems the solution is to have VM "restart" your plan. I'll post an update if I am able to resolve this.

So just wondering, why is it that you have to charge a lot of phones lately before they are able to turn back on again? Because I remember the days of having a cheap flip phone and when it died I just plugged it in and turned in on and went back about my business. Is it a Smartphone thing, or is every phone like that now?

Not sure what phone you are talking about. I have had several smart phones and have never experienced anything like that

are you talking about booting up? you have to think of an old flip phone compared to a modern smart phone kind of like a calculator compared to a laptop. sometimes the laptop will take a little while to boot up after shutting down.

my htc evo 4g will usually start right up, but sometimes it has to go through a full boot process.

I've had phones that, when totally dead, if you plug them in you get a charging screen, which does not let you send calls or do anything.

iphone4 had a battery problem but apple sent a fix for it and its alot better....

W/out root, you have to connect to a puter and use adb.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S II will take screenshots and it wasn't rooted.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S II will take screenshots and it wasn't rooted.

This is something the OE's are implementing in newer models. The first I was aware of was the Evo3D. Edited by Tx Redneck

Samsung Android devices have been able to do this (Take a screenshot) from the get go without root.

Edited by Intratech

upgraded from my Samsung Captivate(Galaxy S) to a Samsung Galaxy S2

this phones amazing!! running android 2.3.6 right now but after the new years it is promised Android 4.0