Sign in to follow this  
Bright boy

Poof And All You Typed Vanishes?

Perhaps this will explain what happened.

When you are working on your email message and inadvertantly tap Control+A and hit any other key. Bummer. All the document will be gone except that one letter you struck after Control+A.

Control+A selects all the text in the document and is supposed to be used to choose sections of text to cut or to move elsewhere in the document. To copy text you tap Control+C after doing Control+A. Moves are done by hitting Control+X after selecting and moving the cursor to the new location and typing Control+V.

But if you hit another key after doing a Control+A,the software will replace the entire document with whatever letter you hit. Typing Control+Z a few times will undo this tummy tightener of a nuisance

Thanks, buddy! My sister and I are both somewhat 'elderly' and we just thought we were losing our minds - no biggie...lolol! You may have a bit of a mug on ya, but we both bless your ever, lovin', pretty little heart for so kindly bringing light to the darkness that was formerly our email experience.

Keep on keepin' on.

MzMadz and my twin sister, LouLou Belle

Thanks, buddy! My sister and I are both somewhat 'elderly' and we just thought we were losing our minds - no biggie...lolol! You may have a bit of a mug on ya, but we both bless your ever, lovin', pretty little heart for so kindly bringing light to the darkness that was formerly our email experience.

Keep on keepin' on.

MzMadz and my twin sister, LouLou Belle

Just cruising and ran across this old post my friend and would like to explain to you I am not quite as ugly as the gurning champion from several years ago. May the wind always be at your back. :geezer:

Edited by Bright boy