Sign in to follow this  
gamernewb

Microsoft Security Essentials Not Working!

no idea why but when i started up my computer this morning my windows defender was saying i had no virus protection. i went to my MSE and it wouldnt let me open. all it said was, "the item 'msseces.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" i tried it right from the program files and still the same thing shows. i had also tried to uninstall it but it tells me, "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'mp_ambits.msi' in box below." i have tried the folder t gives me and the actual file itself, i have the file because i have clicked it right from the same source and folder and have tried to change it to that file, still does not work. i have tried to install MSE from there site and the same thing appears when i go to install the software. if anyone could help me with my problem, much thanks will be appreciated!

yeah i think so too. i am currently running a scan, thank you. so far no threats. hoping this works and i will let you know as soon as itz done, thanks again =]

Go into 'services' (type services.msc in run-- > ok), and disable Windows Defender by right clicking on Properties, and clicking on the drop down menu. Also, click on "stop".

Go into 'services' (type services.msc in run-- > ok), and disable Windows Defender by right clicking on Properties, and clicking on the drop down menu. Also, click on "stop".

just tried it, and i enabled my new virus protection that i had got, and now this one isnt starting either, it just keeps saying the program has stopped running

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware.shtml

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.

* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.