Sign in to follow this  
pamgoon

Pcmatic User Account

Hi

Recently purchased pcmatic and have installed it a xp pro sp3 os system. Appears to be running ok except when a non-admid account is opened the following message appears:-

PCPitStopInfocenter has encountered a problem and needs to close. Its ok on the full admid accounts.

Have tried to get support from your web site but can only get to the download page.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled.

Running KIS2012 security

Is there a way I can fix this problem.

Edited by pamgoon

PC Matic, as well as all of our software, needs to run from an admin account in order to have access to the Windows registry. To run from a limited user account in XP you will need to right-click on the PC Matic program icon, select "Run as..." and then assign an admin account.

PC Matic, as well as all of our software, needs to run from an admin account in order to have access to the Windows registry. To run from a limited user account in XP you will need to right-click on the PC Matic program icon, select "Run as..." and then assign an admin account.

Have had a reply from support and the solution at the moment is to uncheck 'PCInfoCenter' in the start up items.

however I'm not trying to run the application from a non-admin account the message just appears on the desk top of non-admin at first log on. without attemting to run PCMatic.

PC Matic Home is still supported
To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program by clicking the link below: 

http://pcmatic.com/download

Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan.  For PC Matic, you only need to login with the same registered email address , and password as was previously used for the original installation.  Do not click on the 'Register' or 'Edit' option or otherwise try to use the license key again.  To reset your password click the link below: 

http://www.pcpitstop.com/support/#/kb/login-issue

If you do not receive the link to reset the password in just a few minutes, be sure to check your junk mail folders both on the local email client and also at the online email program.

:) Y

I came into work this morning and my computer would not work....it was trying to repair itself....    it is finally is working but my pcmatic is gone and I don't know what to do

1 hour ago, Edgyorfy said:

I came into work this morning and my computer would not work....it was trying to repair itself....    it is finally is working but my pcmatic is gone and I don't know what to do

:wp: 

To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program by clicking the link below: 

http://pcmatic.com/download

Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan.  For PC Matic, you only need to login with the same registered email address , and password as was previously used for the original installation.  Do not click on the 'Register' or 'Edit' option or otherwise try to use the license key again.  To reset your password click the link below: 

http://www.pcpitstop.com/support/#/kb/login-issue

If you do not receive the link to reset the password in just a few minutes, be sure to check your junk mail folders both on the local email client and also at the online email program.

:) Y