Sign in to follow this  
MrHappyGoLucky12

Easiest Way To Make A Decent Web Site

I built and designed a Web site for a friend of a friend for free because I don't claim to be a professional and I learned a few things along the way. It's becoming overwhelming with four part-time jobs and a full graduate course level to keep it updated. I want to pass over the responsibility to her, but know she won't be able to manage it. I was thinking about transferring the site content to something more user-friendly for people who are completely computer illiterate. SquareSpace, Google Sites, WikiSpaces, etc. come to mind. What are some of the nicest looking and user-friendly of the possible Web page creation sites out there?

The easiest way it the way that works for you.

Jeet kune do

OM MANI PADME HUM

:D

Bruce, though your reply may seem evasive or philosophically abrupt (dare I say obtuse), I think you are right in so many ways.

No matter what, when selecting a tool for another person to use routinely, the tool must first fit the hand of the user.

Therefore MrHappy....

You might make several suggestions, with the insistence that the owner/user take a look, study, and decide for themselves.

Otherwise, you will have your time filled with answering questions, holding the hand of, and doing the work anyway, as the person calls you for information about how to make the darn web builder create what they want to see on their page.

It depends on why you want a site and what results you want and how much time you are willing to put into it.

If you just want a site to play around with for your personal use a free site is fine.

If you want a site to create an online business or to promote some business that you already have you can start learning through a free site but there is really a lot to creating a successful business site. It can be done with patience and persistence.

If you want something super simple, maybe something like Weebly? But I think your real struggle will be to find something that will be easy to use, and can also support whatever kind of site you already have.