Sign in to follow this  
voyager7

No Audio!

My computer was formatted and Windows xp pro and sp2 was in stalled 2 years ago. I didn't use the computer cause I was using my other computer. But I started using it about a week ago but first I decided to install sp3 along with all the windows updates. I even decided to use microsoft security essentials. But now I have absolutely no audio at all. I don't know what to do.I bought it about 3 years ago. Here is my system:

System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Version 2002, Servie Pack 3

Computer: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, E6850@3.00GHz, 3.00GHz. 3.25 GB of RAM

P5K-VM Maximus Formula

ASUS Super Memspeed Technology Enhances Memory Speed

- Support Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU

- Intel LGA775 Platform

- Intel® G33 chipset

- Dual-channel DDR2 1066/800/667 MHz

- 2x1394

- 12xUSB 2.0

- All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors

Audio

SupremeFX II Audio Card

ADI 1988B 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports

ASUS Noise Filter

Thanks

voyager7

Obviously the first thing to do is be sure you don't have the sound turned down or muted. The next thing to do is check your physical connections.

After that you may want to try using System Restore. Pick a date that is before time that the problem started.

voyager7 :wp:

First off which motherboard is it? You essentially listed two totally different models,

P5K-VM http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5KVM/#download

Maximus Formula - http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/Maximus_Formula/

The first has Realtek for the onboard audio, of which the link caintry linked is what you need. The second uses the Soundmax ADI 1988B audio, and the driver can be found on the above link.

Next that "sound card" you listed,

SupremeFX II Audio Card

ADI 1988B 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Coaxial / Optical S/PDIF out ports

ASUS Noise Filter

isn't actually a sound card. It is nothing more than a riser card used for the audio on that and a few other Asus motherboards in place of having it built into the motherboard. As far as I know it also won't work on any other motherboards other than the ones it came with.

Thanks guys for the helpful replys. Here is what happened. I had computer stuff in the basement in a storage that had the cd with the audio drivers ( all the motherboard drivers) on it. So now the problem is fixed, I have audio now. :clap:This is a great forum.

Thanks

voyager7