Sign in to follow this  
psicon

Creative Labs Sb X-fi Windows 7 Driver?

Helped a friend upgrade his computer to Windows 7 today, and all is well with the exception of no sound. The computer is a Dell XPS710, and according to Dell, the card is some form of a Create Labs Soundblaster X-fi Xtreme, either Music or Gamer. I have tried the Vista 32-bit drivers and they wont even install.

I have downloaded various things from Creative's website, but to no avail.

Help?

Thanks,

-myk

I pulled the card, and all it says is

Model: SB0460

SN: MASB0467641R02875D

if that helps..

EDIT: Think I may have found it. Apparently SB0460 is X-fi Platinum. Downloading another driver now, hopefully the right one.

Edited by psicon

No luck, the one I downloaded from Create now says that this operating system is not supported Posted Image

I'll keep looking but I am definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks,

-myk

No luck, the one I downloaded from Create now says that this operating system is not supported Posted Image

I'll keep looking but I am definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks,

-myk

I just installed another one from Creative, and the device shows as working, but it is only allowing for SPDIF output. I need it to work through the normal speaker outputs...

Any ideas?

Posted Image

screw it.... it'd be quicker to just run down to best buy and get a card that is definitely Win 7 compatible... I can use this one in another machine running Linux or and older version of Windows...

SB0460 also known as the X-Fi Xtreme Music. You can find the driver and a few of the apps for it on the Creative support pages.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=208&prodID=14066&prodName=X-Fi%20XtremeMusic&subCatName=X-Fi&CatName=Sound+Blaster&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_14066,VARSET=CategoryID:1

I have the same card and personally I would go with this instead,

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-X-Fi-PCI-Install-Disc-1-0-unofficial/td-p/556496

It is based on the beta of the current official driver, as well as all apps that could be modified to work with Windows 7 have been. Been using it on mine with no problems at all.

If you do decide to use the official instead, make sure to download the second one listed as the first is for Vista and XP only.

P.S. If the card came with the front panel box then it is the Platinum. Not that it matters any as they both ( Xtreme Music and Platinum) use the exact same driver.