Sign in to follow this  
ALLRATEOLD

Sky Email And Outlook

Hi everyone

I have a problem regarding my sky mail, heres what has happened, I have changed from orange to sky and kept my orange email account (pay as you go), I can receive (orange) emails to my orange account but i cant send (either using my orange addy or my sky addy) i have just been onto sky and have been told that i cant send orange emails because sky dont allow other companies to send via their servers but i can via my sky account then the nice man talked me through on how to send emails using my orange addy via my sky email page (i hope you get that lol) but what i would like to do is have all my emails both skys and oranges come to outlook and to be able to reply using outlook but it seems i cant. Does anyone know if I can and can anyone tell me how to do it pppllleeeeaaaasssseeee?

many thanks

With Outlook, you may receive from several accounts, but sending will always be set to send from the account that is selected as "default".

You are allowed to change your default account, and also to select to send from another account.

Here is a quick video instruction from Microsoft that may be useful in describing your options:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/watch-this-send-mail-from-multiple-accounts-HA010333642.aspx

Let us know if that is all you needed, or if problems still persist.

Best Regards

Doug

doug thanks for reply

my problem is that orange say i need to change the out going smtp to what sky say it is so i looked and found that it should be smtp.sky.tools.com, tried it and nothing it wouldnt send or receive (changed it back) so then I emailed sky and they told me the same so I tried again and nothing (changed back). but what i cant understand is that i can SEND emails from my orange account by logging into the sky page but cant receive them and the opposite by using outlook :pullhair:

OK.... So far, so Good -- smpt.sky.tools.com

Now you need to click on "More Settings" - Advanced Tab

On the Advanced panel, you will find entry boxes for Port Numbers of Incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP)

For instance, many email client services use

POP3 - 25

SMTP - 110

and further for instance,

My own subscribed service server uses

POP3 - 110

SMTP - 465

Plus some require SSL encryption, and some don't.

You need all of the entire details of setup to enter into your Outlook client.

Only the IP service can tell you what those values are

....................... unless there is someone else here in the Membership who also uses Orange services.

Call them back to ask for the entire setup information.

OK.... So far, so Good -- smpt.sky.tools.com

Now you need to click on "More Settings" - Advanced Tab

On the Advanced panel, you will find entry boxes for Port Numbers of Incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP)

For instance, many email client services use

POP3 - 25

SMTP - 110

and further for instance,

My own subscribed service server uses

POP3 - 110

SMTP - 465

Plus some require SSL encryption, and some don't.

You need all of the entire details of setup to enter into your Outlook client.

Only the IP service can tell you what those values are

....................... unless there is someone else here in the Membership who also uses Orange services.

Call them back to ask for the entire setup information.

pop3 995

smtp 465

with all the other details in place but still cant do it ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

but why cant I send from the sky loggin page but not receive and receive in outlook but not reply?

ggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and ive tried it with encrypt and without

cheers doug

How about on the first email settings panel --- Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) ?

Mine with BlueHost doesn't require this.

Does yours?

I suppose I would contact the account server provider and ask them to walk through the details of the entire Settings of all tabbed panels.

hi doug

just tried the SPA and its still wont work

ive rung both orange and sky, orange say i need to use pop.orangehome.co.uk and smtp.tools.sky.com, and sky say it cant be done but like i say i can receive but not send with outlook and vise versa when logged into sky