Sign in to follow this  
Signman

Loading Speed Of This Board

Does anybody else have problems with this board loading? I've only been on here for about 20 minutes but it loads pages soooo slow! I haven't checked it at work on our fiber optic connection, but I have DSL here and it doesn't load as fast as the old board! NOT COMPLAINING HERE!!! Just thought I would see if anyone else is having the same problem. I know the net has been slow since the SQL attack so I'm going to give it a few more days and see what happens and if it speeds up.

I just timed the preview loading....27 seconds to show up after I clicked on the "preview" button.

Guest Donna

Signman,

It was fast all day, now it seems with all the veiwers online now it has slowed right up. :(

Yes, I've noticed that it does slow down about this time of day, this is what Dave wanted, to see what needs to be done...loadsa folks here...and he's got it. Just been back to the old board three registered and it is slower than this. I don't think the internet has fully recovered yet though, I have had slow loading from sites all over the place most of the day, there still seems to be "treacle" all over the net! :(

Loading good from here,,not as fast as I have seen it,,but still good,,about 4 seconds to preview this post,,and I have seen it at about 1 second.it could be the worm still lingering from certain areas,,dave is checking on why its so spotty and getting the newest upgrade.

Yes, I've noticed that it does slow down about this time of day, this is what Dave wanted, to see what needs to be done...loadsa folks here...and he's got it. Just been back to the old board three registered and it is slower than this. I don't think the internet has fully recovered yet though, I have had slow loading from sites all over the place most of the day, there still seems to be "treacle" all over the net! :(

franglais !!!!

Where's the MOUSE ?????????

:(:(:(:(

I just couldn't stop him...this is very hush hush...don't tell a soul..he is a member of the S.R.S (special rat squadron) and even as we speak, he is undercover in Bagdhad, They heard a whisper that all the stuff the Inspectors are looking for has been stuffed down the sewers...who better to send! ;) .So, meet SmiliePlod, a kind soul who has kindly offered to stand in for a while, to make sure there aint no shenanegins! :o

Hi Keith,

Can't say I've noticed any difference mate

NTL 600k BB

Hi Triplea

56k dial up (until tomorrow that is) so need i say anymore :)

Nah its really got a lot slower with the more people onboard. Dunno if its just the web or its the software taking the strain, but if it is then i dread to think what it will be like when the board gets the usual amount of people back posting and visiting here :unsure:

Keith

Yes certainly a change from yesterday. It's been slow here all today and tonight. It's about 7:17PM here now. Been since about 3:00 that I know of. Oh well. :blink:

It does seem to have gone slow and fast all day. We're at 53 users right now which ties the most we ever had on the old board. I know the old one would be dead by now.

OK, thanks guys, I knew it wasn't just me because I checked some of my other sites and they all load quick. I still think it has something to do with the SQL attack so like I said, I'll watch it for a few days. I'll be at work tomorrow so I'll get to check it on our fiber optic connection. :mrgreen: Everything loads super fast on that one! Can't wait till I get hooked up on fiber optic at home. I've signed up but they haven't gotten to our area yet to install it. It'll cost me about half of what I'm paying for DSL! :mrgreen:

It does seem to have gone slow and fast all day. We're at 53 users right now which ties the most we ever had on the old board. I know the old one would be dead by now.

We were at over 60 earlier,,but I still didn't notice much in the way of slowing down,,might just be where your at and how your routed??

i think this site is a big step up from the old one...the old one was unbelieveably slow...this new software loads pages almost instantaneously on my computer!

Very fast today. I turned off the GZIP option which seems to make it much faster. The real check will be from about 6pm-8pm eastern time tonight, that seems to be when we see the slowdown.

Hi Keith,

Can't say I've noticed any difference mate

NTL 600k  BB

Hi Triplea

56k dial up (until tomorrow that is) so need i say anymore :)

Nah its really got a lot slower with the more people onboard. Dunno if its just the web or its the software taking the strain, but if it is then i dread to think what it will be like when the board gets the usual amount of people back posting and visiting here :unsure:

Keith

Hi Keith,

So it's Broadband Launch Day Today Is It :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who are you going with ?????

hi all, was on this morning 9 to 10ish was really flying pages loaded straight away,back on now 2240 uk time slowed right down,my download speed same as earlier (just checked it) pages loading much slower,hope it`s just a temp thing :lol:

I only have 2 ISP's locally and when all the kids get home from school they make a bee line for the pc to chat before and after dinner till mom kicks them off around 9...hmmm...a coincedence?

You've hit the nail on the head there Joe, We have a family PC at home and when the kids ask to use it, I never say no, that's when it slows down ! :)