Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

How To Fix Firefox 4 Annoyances

Pretty simple to make it look just like the old versions did. Not sure why people have to make things out to be so complicated. Everything that was there before is still there and the same methods that have been used in previous firefox versions are still there now. Right click the top of the browser there they are just like they always were.

To make it look and behave the way it did in version 3 you need to make three simple changes.

1) Right Click in the top of the browser. Select "Menu bar"

2) Right click in the top of the browser un-check "tabs on top".

3) Right click select customize drag the icons on the toolbar where ever you want them, add more, remove the ones you don't want.

New, different, changed appearances and "more options" and features are not annoyances, they are just different, and adding options and features is always good in my opinion.

I have never been of the dumb it down remove options mind set. In fact I avoid GUI's, software, and operating systems that remove options, utilities, and features to dumb things down for today’s users.

A certain Operating system that hung around 8 years longer than it should have, is the main culprit of people not wanting anything to change, look or behave differently.

Three easy steps above. ;)

Bang :P

Not shooting the messenger. Just not sure why some sites make big todo's over nothing. :P

I mean really everything is still there, and the way the settings are changed are the same. ;)

Anyways it's a good tip for folks who can't abide anything ever changing :tup:

I

"Not shooting the messenger. Just not sure why some sites make big todo's over nothing"

But maybe this site wouldn't exist if people don't make big todo's, don't you thing? he he. What really is annoying me is that the Add-Ons window looks like i'm in a site with Microsoft Silverlight.Is there a way to make it back to old? it seems there's no way.

Edited by lizardo_manson

--"Not sure why people have to make things out to be so complicated. Everything that was there before is still there and the same.."--

1. Altering the location of a standard control item is defined as a complication.

2. Everything that WAS WHERE is NOT STILL THERE

3. ...methods that have been used in previous firefox versions are still there now.

oh, yeah, you got THAT right. So did the propaganda machine of the cold war era.

4. ...the main culprit of people not wanting anything to change, look or behave differently.

"change" rarely equates to "improvement," and is the default mobspeak word for "we refuse to play fair, ever again."

--"New, different, changed appearances and "more options" and features are not annoyances..."--

...says YOU.

BEFORE: Sunday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

AFTER: Saturday Friday Friday Friday Half-day Personalday Friday

You're nobody's Art Bell, Bruce. Get a real haircut, and get a job.

I have run across another REALLY annoying problem with FF4:

I find I can no longer post comments/replies on a lot of websites!

Is this a problem that is inherent with FF4 or is something else going on that involves changing a setting on my computers. BTW - I don't have this problem with IE-9.