Sign in to follow this  
duanester

At&t To Buy Tmobile

AT&T announced on Sunday that it agreed to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom, in a $39 billion deal that will reshape the cellular telephone industry.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/att-to-buy-t-mobile-usa-for-39-billion/?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=DB-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-ATB-032011-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

if your a t-mobile customer, be prepared to be an at&t customer soon.

competition is good, this could be bad for us.

lets hope our law makers get some common sense and try not to sell out the U.S. citizens again.....but...money talks

t-mobile prices were absurd and their service was horrendous!

my wife a former t-mobile fan paid just as much as a person using another service provider.

she was talked to and treated like trash, then shut off for 70$ bill she forgot to pay on time.

no one is perfect, doesn't mean you have to treat them that way ;)

i have owed almost a 1,000 dollars and never got shut off or treated like trash, they made arrangements to pay it off, it was sprint, it's been paid, this is because we are customers, we are valued.

no one loses if t-mobile drops off the face of the planet, we win if they do :tup:

My mom and I are T-mobile customers and have been for 6 years. I HATE their service and customer service. We have been having money issues the past few months and our phones have been shut off 3 times so far. I also dislike the phone selection. My area I live in, specifically my neighborhood is terrible for service for all providers but i literally get ZERO service. My girlfreind gets 1 or 2 bars with verizon in my neighborhood. When i had my blackberry i had to use UMA through my wifi or i wouldnt get anything. It broke so now im using some piece of crap tmobile dash which is the worst phone i have ever owned.

I recently just got a job after 6 months so I will be switching to Virgin Mobile this friday. I like how it's $25 for unlimited everything with 300 minutes. I dont talk all that much on the phone so i think its perfect for me. And it's on the Sprint network so that is a definite PLUS.

Edited by Chris951

they, are out there, the real competitors, metro pcs is one of them, 49$ unlimited talk and data "NO CONTRACT"

we need companies like these to thrive :tup:

We all should be used to this right now. I am a current AT&T customer, and I have no issues with them. Every once in awhile the occasional text message gets stuck in limbo, simple reboot of the phone usually takes care of it. I always have bars, and it is rare I drop a call. Works great everywhere I go. Team Mobile here in Erie is horrible, lots of dead spots and yeah the prices are lower, but your getting what you pay for. Crap service. Some of my friends have went on the T-mobile bandwagon and now realize the follie of their ways. I say if AT&T takes it over, it will be better. Yeah your bill may go up some, but also so will your service. Some will like my response, some wont, but hey I can take it, pound away.

Jeff

It's bad for the market. Bad for the consumer. Bad for the industry as a whole.

Just another monopoly trying grab as much monopoly power as possible. ;)

not much of an american company, deutsche telekom, i believe at&t will purchase t-mobile usa, i think they can keep the u.s. dollar here instead of heading out to germany.

Edited by duanester

not much of an american company, deutsche telekom, i believe at&t will purchase t-mobile usa, i think they can keep the u.s. dollar here instead of heading out to germany.

Thank you. This is what I was saying in another thread about Tmob.

the only problem with the real competition, is they don't get the devices the high rollers have.

metro pcs for example has outstanding service but the worse devices, these devices are junk!

what can be done?

the hardware vendors have to to fair, they are not

metro pcs cannot give it's customers an htc evo for dirt cheap, sprint, at&t can.

i guarantee if small time competitors got even close to the same deals on devices, the high rollers would be out of business ;)