Sign in to follow this  
bonzai

Do You Want The Fastest?

i see the list in reverse order with the exception that sprint were probably the first to have 4g, another being that it may have more customers, that combined with very limited cell towers.

the network is bogged down, if the list were reversed again, verizon's bandwidth would drag too.

this is just my opinion, i don't want to get deep into the discussion posting links to prove anything, it's just a fare assumption!

i use at&t, so it's not like i'm defending sprint ;)

edit: come to think of it, this kinda proves my theory, these 4g devices probably run entire networks.

i seriously doubt that verizon has anything close going on considering they just got in the game.

Edited by duanester

Competition is fierce and both ATT and Verizon have some major upgrades going on right now to increase bandwidth. In all honesty, I'm not so sure one is better or faster than the other that it would make that much difference to most people. I just thought the article was somewhat interesting.

With the upgrades that are currently going on by both ATT and Verison, it should level the playing field quite a bit.

the article is interesting, i'm glad you posted it :tup:

what this tells me, is sprint and t-mobile are standing by with 4g towers in place, they refuse to turn on the switches till they get a glimpse of competitor rates :lol:

then the battle will end when one can state "the first and largest 4g network"

Here's my "3g" speeds on my old Aria w/ tweaks made to the build.prop file to make the phone utilize the HSPA+ that ATT blocks on ALL devices but the iPhone.

Posted Image

well i guess if you should choose t-mobile be prepared to be an at&t customer :lol:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/att-to-buy-t-mobile-usa-for-39-billion/?smid=fb-nytimes&WT.mc_id=DB-SM-E-FB-SM-LIN-ATB-032011-NYT-NA&WT.mc_ev=click

AT&T announced on Sunday that it agreed to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom, in a $39 billion deal that will reshape the cellular telephone industry.