Sign in to follow this  
chengrob

Looking For Beta Testers

If you mean in the menu that comes up when you right-click on the icon by the clock, a check mark means that it is enabled. No check mark means disabled.

Whats Super Shields settings on adware?

I got Music Oasis and it loaded up a bunch of adware, I did read the EULA and it did clearly state what it was going to do. Super Shield did not ask to block it but I do not know if Super was/is designed for adware install blocks

I got Music Oasis and it loaded up a bunch of adware

I downloaded Music Oasis myself on my vm and supershield blocked most of the junk. It blocked cookieman.exe, YontooSetup-DropDownDeals-SilentInstaller.exe, and C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEInstal.exe. It did not block yahoo toolbar, netassistant_ie.exe, we-care, or weatherbug. Lots of people use yahoo toolbar and weatherbug even though I'd view them both as junk. I have overridden the database entry to now block netassistant_ie.exe. Each time you rerun this music oasis installer it picks a new set of junk to install on your system. I didn't run it enough times to loop through them all but the rest that I saw looked at least somewhat more legitamate

Rob

When I checked their EULA, seems it's all from Freeze.com, (W3i LLC) which also has a dolphin screen saver, a games thing and a whole slew of other stuff,

They have a list of crapware on this web page

http://www.freeze.com/

When I checked their EULA, seems it's all from Freeze.com, (W3i LLC) which also has a dolphin screen saver, a games thing and a whole slew of other stuff,

They have a list of crapware on this web page

http://www.freeze.com/

Yes that's correct, W3i LLC is a known adware distributor however that's who signed music oasis so if we implement some sort of blacklist for digital signatures then you can't install music oasis itself

I managed to get the dolphin screen saver... but I have pulled it off my pc since then. I know some folks do not mind adware, personally I could live without it

Thanks I_G

haven't sent any emails yet but just a heads up....

Super Shield stopped my defrag software Vopt. Prevents it from starting, there's a box below the warning but it's just white and I do not know what it says but the warning closes when I click on it.

Super Shield also stops my WinTV software for my tv tuner and nano edit.exe (part of Win TV) from starting, also another proggy called "Find and Mount" gets stopped too. these are legit software programs

It blocked Win TV 2000 at first but then I changed the setting to minimum and was able to use it. I reset it to the default now but I still need to get a log file out to support

Well, I didn't catch a screen shot, I wasn't fast enough, but Super Shield gave me a colorful *Warning* about updating to IE8 while installing updates on a fresh install of Windows. "Unknown publisher" it was... :laughing:

:geezer:

Got a ton of updates today......

Now I think I need something to give me a warning to see if that dialog box on the bottom works yet

Yea Rob,I would love to test it since I built my own rig and would love to see what you guys think.

Think you're a little late for that gig James...

:geezer: