Sign in to follow this  
JamesBorders

Pc Maticrt Conflicts With Ad Aware Pro And Nis 2011

:IG: Yesterday, I received and installed the latest release of PC MaticRT. After installation, it started complaining about AD-Aware Pro. As I no longer wanted to run AD-Aware, I uninstalled it thinking that would solve the conflict messages. It didn't. It (PC MaticRT) started the same complaint messages about Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2011. Getting rid of NIS 2011 is a whole different story. That just isn't going to happen on my PCs. The previous version of RT didn't complain about either of these products. What changed? I (instead) have uninstalled PC MaticRT to avoid the annoying messages and apparent conflicts. I'm posting this in hopes that someione else might have a workable resolution.

I have the same problem, too. PCMaticRT just started complaining about my Norton Internet Security 2011 and refuses to run. I will be asking for my money back, you can be sure, if the PCPitstop folks don't come up with a fix right away. I'm sure there must be thousands of cuatomers who are getting the same problem. This is a MUST FIX priority for PCPitstop!:pullhair:

I have the same problem, too. PCMaticRT just started complaining about my Norton Internet Security 2011 and refuses to run. I will be asking for my money back, you can be sure, if the PCPitstop folks don't come up with a fix right away. I'm sure there must be thousands of cuatomers who are getting the same problem. This is a MUST FIX priority for PCPitstop!:pullhair:

:clap: I just received a reply from PC PitStop's Tech Support. The reply states that PC MaticRT is "virus" checking / malware finder/ etc etc etc program. Of course, you shouldn't have more than one virus / malware interceptor on your PC at a time. THAT IS THE REASON that PC MaticRT is compaining. I replied that if I had known that was the function of RT, I wouldn't have installed it in the first place. PC PitStop should do a better job of documenting what thei products do (particularly in this case). I unintalled RT because I prefer NIS 2011 and its functionality over RT. :adios:

You are seeing that warning message because the computer has multiple security products installed.

Most competing security products provide a 'Real Time' agent running in the background. PC Matic RT is also a real-time agent and is monitoring every application that attempts to open on the computer. Running two real time agents can be a source of conflicts, causing the computer to run slowly as well as exhibit strange behaviors. You should choose only one real-time agent to use and uninstall any others.

If you prefer your existing security suite, to uninstall PC Matic RT and end the messages, open PC Matic and click on Options>Add-Ons and under the Manage Active Malware Protection click on the red "Uninstall" button to uninstall the RT component and end the message.

Most competing security products provide protection through a 'suite' of applications, which basically means that there are numerous running processes to provide protection for the web browser, email client, phishing attacks, viruses, etc. Each item on the computer that is protected uses a process specific to that item. PC Matic provides a comprehensive malware scan and removal process as well as providing PC Matic RT, which prevents suspicious items from executing on the computer in the first place. It does not matter if the item comes as an email attachment, a link embedded in a web page, a drive-by download, etc, PC Matic RT will prevent the malware from being able to execute on the computer without the user's specific permission.

There is nothing different about the latest version other than the definitions update and the new message. If you have not had a conflict before you will not have one with the new version. However, it is always a bad idea to run two real time agents on a computer.

You are seeing that warning message because the computer has multiple security products installed.

Most competing security products provide a 'Real Time' agent running in the background. PC Matic RT is also a real-time agent and is monitoring every application that attempts to open on the computer. Running two real time agents can be a source of conflicts, causing the computer to run slowly as well as exhibit strange behaviors. You should choose only one real-time agent to use and uninstall any others.

If you prefer your existing security suite, to uninstall PC Matic RT and end the messages, open PC Matic and click on Options>Add-Ons and under the Manage Active Malware Protection click on the red "Uninstall" button to uninstall the RT component and end the message.

Most competing security products provide protection through a 'suite' of applications, which basically means that there are numerous running processes to provide protection for the web browser, email client, phishing attacks, viruses, etc. Each item on the computer that is protected uses a process specific to that item. PC Matic provides a comprehensive malware scan and removal process as well as providing PC Matic RT, which prevents suspicious items from executing on the computer in the first place. It does not matter if the item comes as an email attachment, a link embedded in a web page, a drive-by download, etc, PC Matic RT will prevent the malware from being able to execute on the computer without the user's specific permission.

There is nothing different about the latest version other than the definitions update and the new message. If you have not had a conflict before you will not have one with the new version. However, it is always a bad idea to run two real time agents on a computer.

I disagree with your last statement about there's "Nothing different" with the latest version. I too have recently received the AD Aware incompatibility alert, only after updating recently (about a month ago). And I get it on both computers. Previously, there was NO incompatibility alert and everything seemed to work just fine.

I agree that if this is a limitation with PC Matic RT, IT SHOULD BE CLEARLY STATED SO, before one buys the program. Why can't you make them compatible? I've used more than one malware program for years. No single program that I've found catches them all.

The statement was "There is nothing different about the latest version other than the definitions update and the new message."

Although there is usually no problem with running multiple on-demand scanners, more is not better when it comes to real time agents, and that is a fact.

Here are a few articles on the subject:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msestart/thread/32869349-c1be-45b7-9124-339811ae7aca

http://ask-leo.com/can_i_run_more_than_one_antivirus_program_antispyware_program_firewall_should_i.html

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_you_use_more_than_one_antivirus_program.html

PC Matic RT is a real time agent only, and in our opinion it is the best one on the market. RT does not do scan and remove, that function is left to the PC Matic malware scan. The only thing that RT does (which is quite a 'big' thing in reality) is to monitor every application that wants to run on the computer and open a warning prompt for any suspicious program that is trying to execute.

The fact that you have not had a conflict running the two programs together does not mean that the potential for problems does not exist or that other users have not had issues running the two programs together.