Sign in to follow this  
Amir

Pcpitstop Active X Test -works On Ie 7/8?

http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp

WITH ie6 it works

but not with IE 7(vista)/8(win7) :unsure:

i do not see the yellow bar asking for active x install, and the test conclude my browser not supporting active x.

overdrive test active x downloaded fine and the test run fine as well in IE7/8

what's going on?

*please test it before answering -thanks

Edited by Amir

The Active X test is working fine for me with all three browsers and all three versions of Windows.

Try this:

go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

all PC Pitstop active x's are enabled still no good in the specific active x test :unsure:

(again overdrive test works fine)

Edited by Amir

Please post your OverDrive link here so that I can take a look at the security software on the computer.

thanks

here is vista+ IE7 ( we'll deal with win7 IE8 later because may be the problem is related/the same as IE7)

Edited by Amir

Did this issue start after installing MS Security Essentials? Is that installed on all of the computers having this issue?

Did this issue start after installing MS Security Essentials? Is that installed on all of the computers having this issue?

--yes the problem was there before as well, i just thought than that the active x test is old and works for IE6 since the explanations there and screenshots are taken from IE 5 or 6 .

of course i tried setting IE7/8 according to those screenshots -but no good :(

--Yes-both machine run MSE (VISTA+WIN7 )i disabled real time protection but no good.

Edited by Amir

some news:

1-i changed my ISP (via wireless network)-the problem persist .

2-On xp+IE6 has avira not MSE antivirus (where the active x test worked)i deleted all objects from pcpitstop and run the active x test...the test did not work !!! the upper yellow bar did not appear and test concluded as with IE7/8 my browser not supporting active x!!

upon overdrive testing- i had no problem and the active x was downloaded successfully

3-my guess is that something is wrong with the active x test.

4-Intel guy, please try to remove all pcpitstop objects/addon's like i did and see it the active x test will newly load on the page.

Thanks

Edited by Amir

Thank you for the additional information.

Please try it now and let us know if the issue is not resolved.

Big Thanks!

The issue resolved :rolleyes:

i tested it on all 3 pc's.

So my guess was right :geezer: If i may know what was the problem on the test page?

The link in the page code to download the Active X was not working. The Active X control and the test were fine. There was just no way to download a new control from that page if it was not already on the computer.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. :tup:

Try clearing your cache and using F5 to refresh the page. If that doesn't do it go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and manually delete mhLbl.dll, then try again.

Try clearing your cache and using F5 to refresh the page. If that doesn't do it go to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and manually delete mhLbl.dll, then try again.

No luck IG.

Hmmm. I just checked and it's still working for me. I deleted the existing Active X control and it successfully downloaded a new one and then successfully ran the test and displayed the time.

What browser are you using? Are you using a 64 bit browser?