Sign in to follow this  
M.Hat

Moving Pc Matic To New Computer (1 Of 3)

I had 3 computers with pc matic installed. One of these computers has died, and I'm replacing it with a new one.

My question is this... I'd like to reassign the PC Matic copy currently assigned to my dead computer to my new one (same IP). How do I accomplish this. (When done, I'll still have PC Matic on only three computers.)

I did a search, but found nothing bearing directly on the topic. (Perhaps it's there somewhere, but I missed it.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, Don.

P.S. The failed computer became inoperable. It has been disconnected and trashed.

To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program from our customer service page by clicking the link below:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Click "Next" then select PC Matic and click download.

Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan. For PC matic, you only need to login with the same email address and password as was previously used for the original installation. Do not click on the 'Register' or 'Edit' option or otherwise try to use the license key again. If you need a password lookup, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/email_my_password.asp?

On the right-hand side of the first screen of PC Matic is an option to remove any computer that has not been optimized within the last 60 days. Just click on the red circle.

Thank you for purchasing our software.

"On the right-hand side of the first screen of PC Matic is an option to remove any computer that has not been optimized within the last 60 days. Just click on the red circle."

I need to move a PC Matic license from a computer that has been optimized in the last 60 days to new laptop. How do I do that?

I think I understand the reason for 60 day delay as you don't want people misusing their EULA by moving 1 license from computer to computer to computer but there should be a provision for moving it once or twice during a license period.

I installed PC Matic on a Lenovo x120 I had hoping to improve its dismal performance. It helped a little but not enough to make it usable so the Lenovo is "being retired". Last scan was 3 weeks ago. I have since replaced it with a new Acer notebook and want to run PC Matic on it. Do I need to wait 40 more days or can I transfer the license now?

Thanks,

Greg

:wp:

PC Matic consumer licenses are good for installation on up to five computers at a time. There are still four installations remaining on your account.

You can go ahead and install PC Matic on the new computer right away. If you open a ticket at our help desk from here:

http://www.pcpitstop...ore/service.asp

we can remove the old computer now, or you can wait the 40 days and remove it yourself then, You would still have three installations remaining until the Lenovo is removed and that installation recovered.

:wp:

To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program from our customer service page by clicking the link below:

http://www.pcpitstop...ore/service.asp

Click "Next" then select PC Matic and click download. Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan.

For PC Matic, you only need to login with the same email address and password as was previously used for the original installation. Do not click on the 'Register' or 'Edit' option or otherwise try to use the license key again.